Manuscript Number : CSEIT11726295
Intrusion Detection and Secure Routing Techniques for Delay and Disorder Tolerant Monitoring Networks
Authors(3) :-Badde Hari Babu, B. Srinivasa Rao, Dr. S. Bhuvaneswari
Intrusion detection is the act of detecting unwanted traffic on a network or a device. Monitoring of a node represent a serious threat against routing in delay tolerant network. Delay tolerant Network (DTN) became more popular in the research area recently, because of its application. The mechanism use for the DTN routing is the store-carry and forward approach. Main challenge for the DTN routing is that it discovers the route through the network without an end to end path so nodes in the network connect to the other nodes instantly. This article aim at to incorporate flow correlation information in to the classification process. Compared to contemporary approaches, IDNB (Intrusion Detection using Naive Bayes) demonstrates higher malicious behaviour detection rates in certain circumstances while does not greatly affect the network performances. NB is one of the earliest classification methods applied in intrusion detection system which is an effective probabilistic classifier employing the Bayes’ theorem with naive feature independence assumptions. This paper also review about DTN, types of routing techniques and its issues, some popular routing protocols and their performance in terms of Delay, message Delivery rate, Overhead, Controlling the number of replications of the node. TA could punish compensate the node based on its behaviors. Each node must pay deposit amount before it joins the networks, and the deposit will be paid after then node leave if there is no misbehaviors activity of node. In this paper also focus on security between the nodes in DTN. We introduced a secret key is generated, which is used to share the data. The secret key is automatically changed when the node joins a network and leaves a network based on fast randomized algorithm. So we can increase the level of security in delay tolerant network.
Badde Hari Babu
Associate Professor CSE Department, Nova College of Engineering and Technology, Jafferguda, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
B. Srinivasa Rao
Assistant Professor, CSE Department, Sri Rama Institute of Technology and Science, Kuppenakuntla, Khammam, Telangana , India
Dr. S. Bhuvaneswari
Professor, CSE Department, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu, India
IDS, IPS, DIDS, NIDS, OSI, Trusted authority, secret key, DTN, misbehavior.
- Q. Li, S. Zhu, and G. Cao, "Routing in Socially Selfish Delay- Tolerant Networks," Proc. IEEE INFOCOM ?10, 2010.
- SMART: A Secure Multilayer Credit- Based Incentive Scheme for Delay-Tolerant Networks Haojin Zhu, Member, IEEE, Xiaodong Lin, Member, IEEE, Rongxing Lu, Student Member, IEEE, Yanfei Fan, and Xuemin (Sherman) Shen, Fellow, IEEE IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY , VOL. 58, NO. 8, OCTOBER 2009
- H. Zhu, X. Lin, R. Lu, P.-H. Ho, and X. Shen, "SLAB: Secure Localized Authentication and Billing Scheme for Wireless Mesh Networks," IEEE Trans. Wireless Comm., vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 3858-3868, Oct. 2008.
- Q. Li and G. Cao, "Mitigating Routing Misbehavior in Disruption Tolerant Networks," IEEE Trans. Information Forensics and Security, vol. 7, no. 2, pp.664-675, Apr. 2012.
- S. Marti, T.J. Giuli, K. Lai, and M. Baker, "Mitigating Routing Misbehavior in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," Proc. ACM MobiCom ?00, 2000.
- R. Lu, X. Lin, H. Zhu, and X. Shen, "Pi: A Practical Incentive Protocol for Delay Tolerant Networks," IEEE Trans. Wireless Comm., vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 1483-1493, Apr.2010.
- F. Li, A. Srinivasan, and J. Wu, "Thwarting Blackhole Attacks in Disruption- Tolerant Networks Using Encounter Tickets," Proc. IEEE INFOCOM ?09, 2009.
- W. Gao and G. Cao, "User-Centric Data Dissemination in Disruption-Tolerant Networks," Proc. IEEE INFOCOM ?11, 2011.
- A. Keranen, J. Ott, and T. Karkkainen, "The ONE Simulator for DTN Protocol Evaluation," Proc. Second Int?l Conf. Simulation Tools and Techniques (SIMUTools ?09), 2009.
- A Probabilistic Misbehavior Detection Scheme toward Efficient Trust Establishment in Delay-Tolerant Networks Haojin Zhu, Member, IEEE, Suguo Du, Zhaoyu Gao, Student Member, IEEE, Mianxiong Dong, Member, IEEE, and Zhenfu Cao, Senior Member, IEEE.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randomized_ algorithm
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_ (cryptog raphy)
- Langin, C. L. A SOM+ Diagnostic System for Network Intrusion Detection. Ph.D. Dissertation, Southern Illinois University Carbondale (2011)
- Amoroso, E.: Intrusion Detection: An Introduction to Internet Surveillance, Correlation, Trace Back, Traps, and Response. Intrusion.Net Books (1999)
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 1 | July-August 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-07-01
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 86-93
Manuscript Number : CSEIT11726295
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT11726295