Manuscript Number : CSEIT16111
A Case Study on Mobile Adhoc Network Security for Hostile Environment
Authors(2) :-Dr. D. Devi Aruna, Dr. D.Vimal Kumar
A mobile adhoc network (MANET) is a peer to peer wireless network where nodes can communicate with each other without infrastructure. Due to this nature of MANET; it is possible that there could be some malicious and selfish nodes that try to compromise the routing protocol functionality and makes MANET vulnerable to Denial of Service attack in military communication environments. Hence security is an important challenge while deploying MANET. This research effort examines the case study for a Layerwise Security (LaySec) framework that provides security for an ad-hoc network operating in a military environment. LaySec incorporates three security features (Secure neighbor authentication and Layerwise Security techniques and multipath routing) into its framework while maintaining network performance sufficient to operate in hostile environment. layerwise security protocol has been implemented and simulated on Qualnet 5.0. Based on the simulation result, it is observed that the proposed approach has shown better results in terms of Quality of Service parameters like Average packet delivery ratio, Average throughput, Average end to end delay and Routing Overhead.
Mobile Adhoc Network, Layer Wise Security Protocols, Denial of Service Attack.
- Arunkumar B. R., Reddy L.C., and Hiremath P.S., 2008, "A Survey of Mobile Ad Hoc Network Routing Protocols" Journal of Intelligent System Research, 8(6), 49-64.
- L., Takai.M., Ruja.R., Tang.K., Bagrodia.R., and Gerla.M.,1999,"GlomoSim: A Scalable Networks Simulation Environments", UCLA Computer Science Departments Technical Report 900027.
- Biswas K., Ali L., 2001, "Security Threats in Mobile Ad Hoc Network" Department of Interaction and System Design School of Engineering, 1-39.
- A., Dhulipala.S., and Chandrasekaran R.M, 2009, "Throughput and Delay Comparison of MANET Routing Protocols"International Journal Open Problems Computational Mathematics, ICSRS Publications, 2(3), 461-468.
- P and Dr. ChandraSekhar.P., 2007, "Performance Analysis of Adhoc Network Routing Protocols", International Symposium on Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing, ISAUHC'06, 17, 186 – 187.
- A.K., kushwaha.S., and Vyas O.P., 2009,"Performance of Routing Protocols for Mobile Ad hoc and wireless sensor networks: A Comparative study", International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering, 2(4) ,101-105.
- N. and Mahapatra.R.P, 2009, "MANET Security Issues". International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, 9(8), 241-246.
- S, 2006, "Implementation & Comparison of IPSec Protocols for Secure Datab Communication in Ad-Hoc Networks", Royal Institute of Technology.
- Jang H.C., Lien Y.N., and Tsai T.C., 2009 ,"Rescue Information System for Earth-quake Disasters Based on MANET Emergency Communication Platform" Proceedings of the 2009 International Conference on Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing: Connecting the World wirelessly, 623–627.
- M., Dr Muid Mufti and Ilyas M.U., 2006, "Vulnerabilities of IEEE 802.11i Wireless LAN CCMP Protocol", In the Proceedings Of World Academy Of Science, Engineering And Technology, 11, 228-233.
- Pravin P.G., and Katkar G.G., 2010,"Mobile Ad Hoc Networking: Imperatives and Challenges", IJCA Special Issue on MANETs, 153–158.
- Reidt S., and Wolthusen S.D, 2008, "Exploiting UAVs Capabilities in Tactical MANETS". Proceedings of the 2nd Annual Conference of ITA ,322–323.
- Salsano,, Veltri S., and Papalilo D., 2002,"SIP Security Issues: The SIP authentication procedure and its processing load" IEEE Network,38-44.
- Taneja K., and Patel R.B., 2007, "Mobile Ad hoc Networks: Challenges and Future" Proceedings of National Conference on Challenges & Opportunities in Information Technology pp. 133-135.
- B. and Lim H., 2009 "Secure Framework for Multipath Multimedia Streaming Over Wireless Ad Hoc Network". Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE Conference on Wireless Communications & Networking Conference,2678–2683.
- Devi Aruna and Dr.P.Subashini.,2014," Layerwise Security Framework with Snauth- SPMAODV to Defend Denial of Service Attack in Mobile Adhoc Networks for Hostile Environment" International Journal of Innovative Research in Science & Engineering.
- Qualnet Documentation, "Qualnet 5.0 Model Library, Network Security", Available: Http:// Www.Scalablenetworks.Com/Products/Qualnet/Downlaod
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 1 | July-August 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-08-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 01-06
Manuscript Number : CSEIT16111
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT16111