Manuscript Number : CSEIT161110
The Use of Wireless Sensor Networks for Forest Fire Monitoring - A Survey
Authors(3) :-Mehwish Zaheer, Rabia Riaz, Shakeeb Ahmad
Wireless sensor network consists of small sensor nodes, deployed to capture various events of interest. For example, temperature, oxygen, humidity sensor nodes are deployed in remote, hostile and geographical areas where the presence of human being is infeasible. These nodes are powered by small battery, to communicate with each other for monitoring various environments. These networks have found their applications in various domains such as forest fire monitoring, industrial monitoring, military surveillance, inventory tracking, agriculture monitoring and health care monitoring. Forest fire is the disaster having many negative effects in social, economic and ecological matters. Forest fire cost million dollars in damage and claim many human lives every year.
Wireless Sensor Networks, Health Care Monitoring, AVHRR, MODIS, WSN
- Khan, F., Bashir, F., & Nakagawa, K. (2012). Dual Head Clustering Scheme in Wireless Sensor Networks. in the IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies (pp. 1-8). Islamabad: IEEE Islamabad.
- A. Jan, P. Nanda, X. He, Z. Tan and R. P. Liu, “A robust authentication scheme for observing resources in the internet of things environment” in 13th International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom), pp. 205-211, 2014, IEEE.
- Khan, F., & Nakagawa, K. (2012). Performance Improvement in Cognitive Radio Sensor Networks. in the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE) , 8.
- A. Jan, P. Nanda and X. He, “Energy Evaluation Model for an Improved Centralized Clustering Hierarchical Algorithm in WSN,” in Wired/Wireless Internet Communication, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 154–167, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2013.
- Khan, F., Kamal, S. A., & Arif, F. (2013). Fairness Improvement in long-chain Multi-hop Wireless Adhoc Networks. International Conference on Connected Vehicles & Expo (pp. 1-8). Las Vegas: IEEE Las Vegas, USA.
- A. Jan, P. Nanda, X. He and R. P. Liu, “Enhancing lifetime and quality of data in cluster-based hierarchical routing protocol for wireless sensor network”, 2013 IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications & 2013 IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (HPCC & EUC), pp. 1400-1407, 2013.
- Jabeen, F. Khan, S. Khan and M.A Jan. (2016). Performance Improvement in Multihop Wireless Mobile Adhoc Networks. in the Journal Applied, Environmental, and Biological Sciences (JAEBS), vol. 6(4S), pp. 82-92. Print ISSN: 2090-4274 Online ISSN: 2090-4215, TextRoad.
- Khan, F., & Nakagawa, K. (2013). Comparative Study of Spectrum Sensing Techniques in Cognitive Radio Networks. in IEEE World Congress on Communication and Information Technologies (p. 8). Tunisia: IEEE Tunisia.
- Khan, F. (2014). Secure Communication and Routing Architecture in Wireless Sensor Networks. the 3rd Global Conference on Consumer Electronics (GCCE) (p. 4). Tokyo, Japan: IEEE Tokyo.
- A. Jan, P. Nanda, X. He and R. P. Liu, “PASCCC: Priority-based application-specific congestion control clustering protocol” Computer Networks, Vol. 74, PP-92-102, 2014.
- Khan, F. (2014, May). Fairness and throughput improvement in multihop wireless ad hoc networks. InElectrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE), 2014 IEEE 27th Canadian Conference on (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Mian Ahmad Jan and Muhammad Khan, “A Survey of Cluster-based Hierarchical Routing Protocols”, in IRACST–International Journal of Computer Networks and Wireless Communications (IJCNWC), Vol.3, April. 2013, pp.138-143.
- Khan, S., Khan, F., & Khan, S.A.(2015). Delay and Throughput Improvement in Wireless Sensor and Actor Networks. 5th National Symposium on Information Technology: Towards New Smart World (NSITNSW) (pp. 1-8). Riyadh: IEEE Riyad Chapter.
- Khan, F., Khan, S., & Khan, S. A. (2015, October). Performance improvement in wireless sensor and actor networks based on actor repositioning. In2015 International Conference on Connected Vehicles and Expo (ICCVE) (pp. 134-139). IEEE.
- Khan, S., Khan, F., Jabeen. Q., Arif. F., & Jan. M. A. (2016). Performance Improvement in Wireless Sensor and Actor Networks. in the Journal Applied, Environmental, and Biological Sciences Print ISSN: 2090-4274 Online ISSN: 2090-4215
- Mian Ahmad Jan and Muhammad Khan, “Denial of Service Attacks and Their Countermeasures in WSN”, in IRACST–International Journal of Computer Networks and Wireless Communications (IJCNWC), Vol.3, April. 2013.
- A. Jan, P. Nanda, X. He and R. P. Liu, “A Sybil Attack Detection Scheme for a Centralized Clustering-based Hierarchical Network” in Trustcom/BigDataSE/ISPA, Vol.1, PP-318-325, 2015, IEEE.
- Jabeen, Q., Khan, F., Hayat, M.N., Khan, H., Jan., S.R., Ullah, F., (2016) A Survey : Embedded Systems Supporting By Different Operating Systems in the International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2 Issue 2, pp.664-673.
- Syed Roohullah Jan, Syed Tauhid Ullah Shah, Zia Ullah Johar, Yasin Shah, Khan, F., " An Innovative Approach to Investigate Various Software Testing Techniques and Strategies", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2 Issue 2, pp.682-689, March-April 2016. URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622210.php
- Khan, F., Jan, SR, Tahir, M., & Khan, S., (2015) Applications, Limitations, and Improvements in Visible Light Communication Systems” In2015 International Conference on Connected Vehicles and Expo (ICCVE) (pp. 259-262). IEEE.
- Syed Roohullah Jan, Khan, F., Muhammad Tahir, Shahzad Khan,, (2016) “Survey: Dealing Non-Functional Requirements At Architecture Level”, VFAST Transactions on Software Engineering, (Accepted 2016)
- A. Jan, “Energy-efficient routing and secure communication in wireless sensor networks,” Ph.D. dissertation, 2016.
- A. Jan, P. Nanda, X. He, and R. P. Liu, “A Lightweight Mutual Authentication Scheme for IoT Objects,” IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC), “Submitted”, 2016.
- A. Jan, P. Nanda, X. He, and R. P. Liu, “A Sybil Attack Detection Scheme for a Forest Wildfire Monitoring Application,” Elsevier Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS), “Accepted”, 2016.
- Puthal, D., Nepal, S., Ranjan, R., & Chen, J. (2015, August). DPBSV--An Efficient and Secure Scheme for Big Sensing Data Stream. InTrustcom/BigDataSE/ISPA, 2015 IEEE (Vol. 1, pp. 246-253). IEEE.
- Puthal, D., Nepal, S., Ranjan, R., & Chen, J. (2015). A Dynamic Key Length Based Approach for Real-Time Security Verification of Big Sensing Data Stream. In Web Information Systems Engineering–WISE 2015 (pp. 93-108). Springer International Publishing.
- Puthal, D., Nepal, S., Ranjan, R., & Chen, J. (2016). A dynamic prime number based efficient security mechanism for big sensing data streams.Journal of Computer and System Sciences.
- Puthal, D., & Sahoo, B. (2012). Secure Data Collection & Critical Data Transmission in Mobile Sink WSN: Secure and Energy efficient data collection technique.
- Puthal, D., Sahoo, B., & Sahoo, B. P. S. (2012). Effective Machine to Machine Communications in Smart Grid Networks.ARPN J. Syst. Softw.© 2009-2011 AJSS Journal, 2(1), 18-22.
- A. Jan, P. Nanda, M. Usman, and X. He, “PAWN: A Payload-based mutual Authentication scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks,” “accepted”, 2016.
- Usman, M. A. Jan, and X. He, “Cryptography-based Secure Data Storage and Sharing Using HEVC and Public Clouds,” Elsevier Information sciences, “accepted”, 2016.
- Jan, S. R., Khan, F., & Zaman, A. THE PERCEPTION OF STUDENTS ABOUT MOBILE LEARNING AT UNIVERSITY LEVEL. CONTENTS PAGE NO., 97.
- Khan, F., & Nakagawa, K. (2012). B-8-10 Cooperative Spectrum Sensing Techniques in Cognitive Radio Networks.?????????????????????, 2012(2), 152.
- Safdar, M., Khan, I. A., Ullah, F., Khan, F., & Jan, S. R. Comparative Study of Routing Protocols in Mobile Adhoc Networks.
- Shahzad Khan, Fazlullah Khan, Fahim Arif, Qamar Jabeen, M.A Jan and S. A Khan (2016). “Performance Improvement in Wireless Sensor and Actor Networks”, Journal of Applied Environmental and Biological Sciences, Vol. 6(4S), pp. 191-200, Print ISSN: 2090-4274 Online ISSN: 2090-4215, TextRoad.
- Usman, M. A. Jan, X. He and P. Nanda, “Data Sharing in Secure Multimedia Wireless Sensor Networks,” in 15th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (IEEE TrustCom-16), “accepted”, 2016.
- Junguo ZHANG, Wenbin LI, Ning HAN, Jiangming KAN Forest fire detection system based on a ZigBee wireless sensor network.
- Forest Fire Detection with Wireless Sensor Networks Ça?da? Döner*, Gökhan ?im?ek, Kas?m Sinan Y?ld?r?m and Aylin Kantarc? Computer Engineering Department, Ege University.
- The 3rd International Conference on Sustainable Energy Information Technology (SEIT 2013) Using Wireless Sensor Networks for Reliable Forest Fires Detection Kechar Bouabdellaha, Houache Noureddine, Sekhri Larbi Laboratory of Industrial Computing and Networking, Faculty of Sciences, Oran University, PO Box 1524 El M'naouar, Algeria.
- Forest Fire Modeling and Early Detection using Wireless Sensor Networks MOHAMED HEFEEDA Simon Fraser University, Canada.
- IRACST – Engineering Science and Technology: An International Journal (ESTIJ), ISSN: 2250-3498, Vol.2, No. 2, April 2012 Wireless Sensor Network for Forest Fire Sensing and Detection in Tamilnadu.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 1 | July-August 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-08-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 49-53
Manuscript Number : CSEIT161110
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT161110