Manuscript Number : CSEIT16114
A New Approach for Transistor-Clamped H-Bridge Multilevel Inverter with voltage Boosting Capacity
Authors(2) :-Suparna Buchke, Prof. Kaushal Pratap Sengar
Multilevel converters offer high power capability, resulting with lower output harmonics and lower commutation losses. Their main disadvantage is their complexity, requiring a great number of power devices and passive components, and a rather complex control circuitry. This paper presents a new topology of the multilevel inverter with feature like output voltage boosting capability along with capacitor voltage balancing .The proposed multilevel inverter uses conventional transistor clamped H-bridge (TCHB) with an bidirectional switch and four auxillary switches producing a boost output voltage . The single unit of new topology produces five-level output with output voltage double the input DC voltage where as a single unit of conventional H-bridge produces three-level ouput voltage similar to input DC voltage. A novel universal control scheme is used which results in balanced distribution of power among H-bridge cells. This control scheme can also be used for the charge balance control with multiple input DC sources in any given topology. The analysis of the output voltage harmonics is carried out and compared with previous topology and the conventional cascaded H-bridge inverter topology. The proposed multilevel inverter topology is modelled using matlab/simulink. From the results the proposed inverter provides more output voltage.
Multilevel Inverter, Cascaded H-Bridge, Multicarrier Phase Width Modulation, Transistor Clamped Inverter, Cascaded Neutral –Point Clamped Inverter.
- Mahajan Sagar Bhaskar Ranjana,"MULTILEVEL INVERTER WITH LEVEL SHIFTING SPWM TECHNIQUE USING FEWER NUMBER OF SWITCHES FOR SOLAR APPLICATIONS",?ISSN: 2319-1163,IJRET: Int?rnational Journal of Res?arch in Engine?ring and T?chnology,Volum?: 04 Issu?: 10,Oct-2015.
- D. Santhosh Kumar Yadav,"Analysis of Cascad?d Multilev?l Invert?rs with Seri?s Conn?ction of H-Bridg? in PV Grid",Int?rnational Journal of Enhanc?d Res?arch in Scienc? T?chnology & Engine?ring, ISSN: 2319-7463,Vol. 4 Issu? 4, April-2015, pp: (101-106).
- Krishna Kumar Gupta,"Multilev?l Invert?r Topologi?s With Reduc?d Devic? Count: A Revi?w",IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, VOL. 31, NO. 1, JANUARY 2016.
- Ebrahim Baba?i,"A Singl?-Phas? Cascad?d Multilev?l Invert?r Bas?d on a New Basic Unit With Reduc?d Numb?r of Pow?r Switch?s",IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS, VOL. 62, NO. 2, FEBRUARY 2015.
- Vahid Dargahi, “A New Family of Modular Multilev?l Convert?r Bas?d on Modifi?d Flying-Capacitor Multic?ll Convert?rs",IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, VOL. 30, NO. 1, JANUARY 2015.
- Sourabh Rathor?, Muk?sh Kumar Kirar and S. K Bhardwaj "SIMULATION OF CASCADED H- BRIDGE MULTILEVEL"
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 1 | July-August 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-08-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 19-23
Manuscript Number : CSEIT16114
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT16114