Manuscript Number : CSEIT16117
A Survey on Secure Cloud Storage with Techniques Like Data Deduplication and Convergent Key management
Authors(2) :-P. Balasubhramanyam Reddy, G. Nagappan
Data deduplication is a method for removing duplicate copies of data, It has been largely used in cloud storage to reduce storage memory and upload bandwidth. It gives a challenge to do secure deduplication in cloud storage. In encryption methods the keys can be produced but cannot manage huge number of keys. In the first attempt to formally address the problem of achieving efficient and reliable key management in secure deduplication. The general approach in which each user holds an independent master key for encrypting the convergent keys and employing them to the cloud. Such a baseline key management scheme generates an enormous number of keys with the increasing number of users and requires users to allegiance to protect the master keys. The De-key is the process ,which creates new construction in which users do not need to manage any keys on their own but instead of it secure distribute of the convergent key shares across multiple servers. Security analysis demonstrates that De-key is secure in the proposed security model. Proof is that in realistic environment the De-key used in ramp secret sharing .which can Demonstrate.
De-Duplication, Convergent Encryption, Key Management, Auditing.
- Shamir, "How to Share a Secret,". ACM, vol. 22,no. 11, pp. 612-613, 1979.
- W. Storer, K. Greenan, D.D.E. Long, and E.L. Miller, "Secure Data De-duplication," in Proc. Storages, 2008, pp. 1-10.
- Tang, P.P. Lee, J.C. Lui, and R. Perlman, "Secure Overlay Cloud Storage with Access Control and Assured Deletion,"IEEE Trans. Dependable Secure Computer., vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 903-916,Nov./Dec. 2012.
- Wallace, F. Douglis, H. Qian, P. Shilane, S. Smaldone,M.hamness, and W. Hsu, "Characteristics of Backup Workloads in Production Systems," in Proc. 10th USENIX Conf. FAST,2012, pp. 1-16.
- Wang, C. Wang, K. Ren, W. Lou, and J. Li, "Enabling PublicAuditability and Data Dynamics for Storage Security in Cloud Computing," IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst., vol. 22, no. 5,pp. 847-859, May 2011.
- Wang, Z. Li, R. Owens, and B. Bhargava, "Secure and Efficient Access to Outsourced Data," in Proc. ACM CCSW,Nov. 2009, pp. 55-66.
- Wilcox-O’Hearn and B. Warner, "Tahoe: The Least-AuthorityFilesystem," in Proc. ACM StorageSS, 2008, pp. 21-26
- Yun, C. Shi, and Y. Kim, "On Protecting Integrity and Confidentiality of Cryptographic File System for Outsourced Storage," in Proc. ACM CCSW, Nov. 2009, pp. 67-76.
- R. Blakley and C. Meadows, "Security of Ramp Schemes," inProc. Adv. CRYPTO, vol. 196, Lecture Notes in Computer ScienceG.R. Blakley and D. Chaum, Eds., 1985, pp. 242-268.
- T. Clements, I. Ahmad, M. Vilayannur, and J. Li, "DecentralizedDeduplication in San Cluster File Systems," in Proc.USENIX ATC, 2009, p. 8.
- R. Douceur, A. Adya, W.J. Bolosky, D. Simon, and M. Theimer,"Reclaiming Space from Duplicate Files in a ServerlessDistributed.File System," in Proc. ICDCS, 2002, pp. 617-624.
- Gantz and D. Reinsel, The Digital Universe in 2020: Big Data,Bigger Digital Shadows, Biggest Growth in the Far East, Dec. 2012.
- Geambasu, T. Kohno, A. Levy, and H.M. Levy, "Vanish:Increasing Data Privacy with Self-Destructing Data," in Proc.`USENIX Security Symp., Aug. 2009, pp. 316-299.
- Halevi, D. Harnik, B. Pinkas, and A. Shulman-Peleg,"Proofs of Ownership in Remote Storage Systems," in Proc.ACM Conf. Comput. Commun. Security, Y. Chen, G. Danezis,and V. Shmatikov, Eds., 2011, pp. 491-500.
- Harnik, B. Pinkas, and A. Shulman-Peleg, "Side Channels in Cloud Services: De-duplication in Cloud Storage," IEEE SecurityPrivacy, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 40-47, Nov./Dec. 2010.
- Kamara and K. Lauter, "Cryptographic Cloud Storage," inProc. Financial Cryptography: Workshop Real-Life Cryptograph.Protocols Standardization, 2010, pp. 136-149.
- Li, "On the Confidentiality of Information Dispersal Algorithmsand their Erasure Codes," in Proc. CoRR, 2012, pp. 1-4abs/1206.4123.
- Meister and A. Brinkmann, "Multi-Level Comparison of DataDeduplication in a Backup Scenario," in Proc. SYSTOR, 2009,pp. 1-12
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 1 | July-August 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-08-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 35-39
Manuscript Number : CSEIT16117
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT16117