Manuscript Number : CSEIT161215
An Improved Performance of Greedy Perimeter Stateless Routing protocol of Vehicular Adhoc Network in Urban Realistic Scenarios
Authors(2) :-Ritesh Gupta, Parimal Patel
Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETs) or Inter-Vehicle Communication (IVC) is an extension to a popular Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs) technology. VANET is developed to provide comfort communication between the vehicle while driving. In VANET there is a continuous wireless data transmission occurs either between Road Side Units (RSUs) or On Board Units (OBUs) in the vehicles. To keep the transmission smooth it required a good routing protocol. Right from the inception of VANET technology in 2000s the work done only on basic routing protocol. Mobility model is one of the key parameter while designing the vehicular network. In this paper the Simulation of Urban Mobility (SUMO) and Mobility Model Generator for VANET (MOVE) are used for creating scenarios and traffic. The real time maps are edited in JAVA open street map editor (JOSM) and the simulation is done in NS-2. The performance is evaluated by using the two routing protocol on the basic of packet delivery ratio and end to end delay for Urban scenarios.
VANET (Vehicular Adhoc Network.) SUMO (Simulation of Urban Mobility), MOVE
- VANET Routing Protocols: Issues and Challenges. Surmukh Singh, Sunil Agrawal. UIET, Punjab University Chandigarh, India. Proceedings of 2014 RAECS UIET Punjab University Chandigarh, 06 – 08 IEEE March, 2014.
- Qi-wu Wu*, Mr. Wen Wen, Mr. Qingzi Liu, "Comparative Study of VANET Routing Protocols", Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), November 2014
- Behrisch, L. Bieker, J. Erdmann, and D. Krajzewicz, “SUMO - Simulation of Urban MObility: An Overview,”in SIMUL 2011,
- The Third International Conference on Advances in System Simulation, 2011.
- Performance Evaluation of GPSR Routing Protocol for VANETs using Bi-directional Coupling. Dharani N.V., Shylaja B.S., Sree Lakshmi Ele. International Journal of Computer Networks (IJCN), Volume (7): Issue (1): 2015.
- Design and evaluation of GBSR-B, an improvement of GPSR for VANETs. C. T. Barba , L. U. Aguiar and M. A. Igartua. IEEE LATIN AMERICA TRANSACTIONS, VOL. 11, NO. 4, JUNE 2013.
- Scenario Based Performance Analysis of AODV and GPSR Routing Protocols in a VANET. Raj Bala, C. Rama Krishna. Deptt Of Computer Science and Engg. NITTTR, Chandigarh ,International Conference on Computational Intelligence & Communication Technology ©2015 IEEE
- An Enhanced GPSR Routing protocol based on the buffer length of nodes for the congestion problem in VANETs. Computer Science and Education. Cambridge University, UK.Tianli Hu, Minghui Liwang, Yuliang Tang. Department of Communication Engineering Xiamen University. The 10th International Conference on Computer Science & Education (ICCSE 2015) July 22-24,2015. Fizwilliam College,Cambridge University,UK ©2015 IEEE
- Improved GPSR Routing Algorithm and its Performance Analysis. Cheng Fenhua, Jin Min. College of Software, Hunan University. Hunan Science Vocational College Changsha China. ©2010 IEEE
- Performance Evaluation of Greedy Perimeter Stateless Routing Protocol in Ad Hoc Networks. Mohamed Adnene Zayene, Nabil Tabbane, Refaat Elidoudi Multimedia Mobile Radio Networks Research Unit Higher School of communication of Tunis City of Communication Technologies, Tunisia. 2009 Fourth International Conference on Computer Sciences and Convergence Technology ©2009 IEEE
- Research on One Kind of Improved GPSR Algorithm. Liangli Lai, Qianping Wang, Qun Wang School of Computer Science and Technology China University of Mining and Technology, CUMT Xuzhou, China. 2012 International Conference on Computer Sciences and Electronics ©2012 IEEE
- An Improved GPSR Routing Strategy in VANET Lili Hu, Zhizhong Ding, Huijing Shi Department of Communication Engineering Hefei University of Technology Hefei, China ©2012 IEEE.
- Simulated Analysis of Location and Distance Based Routing in VANET with IEEE802.11p. Akhtar Husaina and S.C. Sharma. Electronics and Computer Discipline, DPT, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India. 2015 Published by Elsevier.
- Brad Karp, H.T. Kung, GPSR: Greedy Perimeter Stateless Routing for Wireless Networks, Retrieved March 4, 2008 from http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~htk/publication/2000-mobi-karp-kung.pdf
- Study of various routing protocols in VANET Nagaraj, U., Kharat, M.U., Dhamal, P. International Journal of Computer Science and Technology(IJCST), Volume (2): Issue (4): pp. 45–52 ©2011
- Vehicular communication: a survey Sourav Kumar Bhoi, Pabitra Mohan Khilar The Institution of Engineering and Technology(IET) Volume (3): Issue (3): pp. 204-217 ©2014
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 2 | September-October 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 99-104
Manuscript Number : CSEIT161215
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT161215