Manuscript Number : CSEIT161217
Automatic Generation Control of Multi-Area Power System-A ANN Approach
Authors(2) :-Santosh Kumar Suman, Vinod Kumar Giri
This paper, fundamental controller system is presented for Automatic Generation Control of three-area interconnected power system. The objective of providing an Automatic Generation Control (AGC) has been to maintain the system frequency at nominal value and the power interchange between different areas at their programmed values. The main requirement of an interconnected AGC is to ensure that frequency of various bus voltages and currents are maintained at near specified nominal values, tie-line power flowing among the interconnected areas are maintained at specified levels, and total power requirement on the system as a whole is shared by individual generators economically in optimum fashion. The simulations have been performed using MATLAB.
Automatic Generation Control (AGC), Load Frequency Control (LFC), Tie-line ANN Controller, Area Control error (ACE).
- Abhijit Chakrabarti, and Sunitha Halder, “Power System Analysis Operation and Control”, Prentice-Hall of India, New Delhi, PP: 537-573, 2008
- K Mahalanabis, D.P Kothari, and Ahson, S.I.: „Computer aided power system analysis and control?, Tata McGraw–Hill, 1988.
- Prabhat Kumar, and Ibraheem, “Dynamic performance evaluation of 2-area interconnected power systems”, Journal of Institution of Engineers (India), Vol. 78, pp .199-209, 1998.
- Fosha C.E., Elgerd O.I., The megawatt – frequency control theory, IEEE Trans. Power Appl. Syst. (1970) Vol.89, pp. 563 – 571
- M. Anderson, A. A. Fouad, and H. H. Happ, \Power system control and stability, "Systems, Man and Cybernetics, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 9, no. 2, p. 103, Feb. 1979.
- Lee, “On methods for improving performance of PI-type fuzzy logic controllers”, IEEE Trans. On Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 298, Nov. 1993.
- A. Chown and R. C. Hartman, “Design and experience with a Fuzzy Logic Controller for Automatic Generation Control (AGC)”, IEEE Trans. Power Syst., Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 965-970, Nov. 1998.
- C. Chan and Y. Y. Hsu, “Automatic Generation of Interconnected Power Systems using Variable Structure Controllers”, IEE Proc., pt. C, Vol. 128, No. 5, Sept.1981, pp. 269-279.
- Zeynelgil, H. L., Demiroren, A. and Sengor, N. S. “The application of ANN technique for automatic generation control for multi-area power system.”, Journal of Electric power and Energy systems, Vol. 24, pp. 345-354, 2002.
- Kirchmayer Leon, K., “Economic operation of Power systems”, Wiley India Pvt. Ltd., IIIrd Edition, 2009.
- Kumar, O. P. Malik and G. S. Hope, “Variable Structure System Control Applied to AGC of an Inter-Connected Power System”, IEEE Proc., Gener. Transm. Distrib., Vol. 132, No. 1, 1985, pp. 23-29.
- R. Jang, “ANFIS: Adaptive-network-Based Fuzzy Inference System”, IEEE Trans. On Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol. 23, No.3, pp. 665- 685, May. 1993.
- Gayadhar Panda, Sidhartha Panda and C. Ardil, “Hybrid Neuro Fuzzy Approach for Automatic Generation Control of Two–Area Interconnected Power System”, International Journal of Computational Intelligence, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 80-84, 2009.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 2 | September-October 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 115-119
Manuscript Number : CSEIT161217
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT161217