Manuscript Number : CSEIT16135
A Security approach for Smart Grid on Review
Authors(3) :-Santosh Kumar Suman, Mohd. Aqib, Sumit Kumar Singh
Aim of this paper the infrastructure for the traditional grid & smart grid. Together depend upon management and control system but the main modification is in the security system because it activities the benefits of the cyber world for realizing its objectives, it also faces security attacks. Therefore security of the smart grid becomes foremost concern. Even the best smart grid infrastructure along with best management and control mechanisms will prove to be ineffective if security of the smart grid is not taken care of. In this discusses about the importance of protection in smart grid. It presents a review of progress made by researchers and governments and the technologies used in the area. It identifies the security issues involved with the current infrastructure. It points out about the areas in security where the research is still needed and discusses some observations regarding improvement of security in smart grid.
Smart Grid, Smart Protection, Security, Smart Management, Smart Infrastructure
- Singari Pavan Kumar,Sande Krishna Veni, Y.B.Venugopal, and Y.S.Kishore Babu, “A Neuro-Fuzzy based Speed Control of Separately Excited DC Motor”, IEEE Transactions on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks, pp. 93-98, 2010.
- S.K.Balijepalli, S.A.Khaparde,R.P.Gupta,and Y.Pradeep, “Smart Grid Initiatives and Power Market in India”, In Proceeding IEEE ,pp. 1-7, 2010.
- R. Roncero, “Integration is Key to Smart Grid Management”, CIRED Seminar 2008: Smart Grid for Distribution, pp.1-4, june 2008.
- Fang, S. Misra, G. Xue and D. Yang, “Smart Grid-The New and Improved Power Grid: A Survey”communication Surveys & Tutorials, 2012, IEEE 14(4), pp. 944-980.
- Bou-Harb, C. Fachkha, M. Pourzandi, M. Debbabi and C. Assi, “Communication Security for Smart Grid Distribution Networks”, IEEE Communications Magzine, , pp. 42-49, January 2013.
- Vaidya, D. Makrakis and H.T. Mouftah, “Authentication and Authorization Mechanisms for Substation Automation in Smart Grid Network”, IEEE Network, pp. 5-11, 2013.
- Eduardo F. Camacho, Tariq Samad, Mario Garcia-Sanz, and Ian Hiskens, “Control for Renewable Energy and Smart Grids,”, January 2011.
- Liang, K. Gao, X. Zheng and T. Zhao, “A study on Cyber Security of Smart Grid on Public Networks”, In Proceeding of 2013 IEEE Green Technologies Conference, IEEE Computer Society, pp. 301-308.
- Vijayan, BStuxnet renews power gridsecurity concerns, [Computerworld, Jul. 26, 2010. [Online]. Available:http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9179689/Stuxnet_renews_power_grid_security_concer
- Greenberg, “Hackers Cut Site’s Power”, In Forbes, January 2008.
- Spoonamore and R.L. Krutz, “Smart grid and cyber challenges – national security risks and concerns,” March 2009, available online: http://www.whitehouse.gov/files/ documents/cyber/Spoonamore-Krutz- Smart Grid Cyber Security Risks and Concerns.pdf
- Raghunath, I. Lee, L. Sha, J. Stankovic, “Cyber Physical System- The Next Computing Revolution”, In Proceeding of Design Automation Conference 2010, ACM, pp. 731-736.
- Jeena et al, “Challenges of Smart Grid”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering,Vol. 2, Issue 3,pp.976-981, March 2013
- Sridhar and A. Hahn and M. Govindarasu, “Cyber Physical System Security for the Electric Power Grid”, In Proceedings of the IEEE, 100(1), 2012, pp. 210-224.
- Hahn, A. Ashok, S. Sridhar and M. Govindarasu, “Cyber-Physical Security Testbeds: Architecture, Application, and Evaluation for Smart Grid”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 2, no. 2, June 2013, pp. 847-855.
- Anwar, A. Mahmood, "Cyber security of smart grid infrastructure", The State of the Art in Intrusion Prevention and Detection, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, USA, January 2014, pp. 449-472.
- C. Sou, H. Sandberg and K. H. Johansson, “On the Exact Solution to a Smart Grid Cyber- Security Analysis Problem”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol.4, no. 2, June 2013, pp. 856-865.
- Bou-Herb, C. Fachkha, M. Pourzandi, M. Debbabi and C. Assi, “Communication Security for Smart Grid Distribution Network”, IEEE Communication Magazine, January 2013, pp. 42- 49.
- Wafler and P.E. Heegard, “A Combined Structural and Dynamic Modeling Approach for Dependability Analysis in Smart Grid”, In Proceeding of SAC’13, ACM, 2013, pp. 660-665.
- Yan, Y. Qian and H. Sharif, “A Secure and Reliable In- Network Collaborative Communication Scheme for Advanced Metering Infrastructure in Smart Grid”, In Proceeding 2011 IEEE Wireless Comminications and Networking Conference (WCNC), 2011, pp. 909-914.
- Berthier, W. H. Sanders and H. Khurana, “Intrusion Detection for Advanced Metering Infrastructures: Requirements and Architectural Directions”, In Proceeding of First IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications, IEEE, 2010, pp. 350-355.
- Mclaughlin, D. Podkuiko and P. McDaniel, “Energy Theft in Advanced Metering Infrastructure”, Critical Information Infrastructure Security, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, vol. 6027, 2010, pp. 176-187.
- N. Erricssion, “Cyber Security and Power System Communication- Essential Parts of a Smart Grid Infrastructure”, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 5. No.3, July 2010, pp. 1501-1507.
- Li, W. Qiao, H. Sun, H. Wan, Y. Xia, Z. Xu and P. Zhang, “Smart Transmission Grid: Vision and Framework”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 1, no. 2, 2010, pp. 168-177.
- Adnan Sahen, “ Smart Grid ”, 4NEWHAMAK,Suria, September 2012.
- Goodspeed, Travis, Darren R. Highfill, Bradley A. Singletary, “Low-level Design Vulnerabilities in Wireless Control Systems Hardware,” Proceedings of the SCADA Security Scientific Symposium 2009 (S4), pp. 3-1–3-26, January 21–22, 2009.
- Sameer Saadoon Mustafa,Iraq,Mahmud Khidr Salman, “Study the Iraqi National Super Grid Power Flow Based,”, 201O 7th International Multi-Conference on Systems, Signals and Devices,pp. 978-983.
- Richard DeBlasio, “Standards for the Smart Grid” ,IEEE Energy,USA, November, 2008.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 3 | November-December 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-12-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 24-32
Manuscript Number : CSEIT16135
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT16135