Manuscript Number : CSEIT16136
A Review on Computer Application in Chemical Engineering: A Brief Insight
Authors(1) :-Sunil Jayant Kulkarni
Chemical engineering subjects like reaction engineering, transport phenomenon, mass transfer and optimization contain very rigorous numerical and analytical data and equations. Many times the calculation from the equations and actual practical results are verified for consistency. Solving these equations manually is time-consuming and impractical. Many software tools are available for solving these problems. Unisim, MATLAB, Simulink, HYYS are few such tools. Simulation and optimization of the data can be carried out by using the mathematical concepts combined with these tools. The current review summarizes research and studies on the application of computer and software in chemical engineering practice and teaching.
Sunil Jayant Kulkarni
Chemical Engineering Department, Datta Meghe College of Engineering, Airoli, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Simulation, Optimization, Process, Modeling, Numerical Analysis.
- Sunil Jayant Kulkarni, "Advancements, Research and Challenges in Reactive Adsorption: A Review", International Journal of Research (IJR), Vol.2, No.1, pp.310-313, 2015.
- Guangzhong Li, Yang Yu, Peng Bai, "Batch Extractive Distillation of Mixture Methanol-Acetonitrile Using Aniline as A Solvent", Polish Journal of Chemical Technology, Vol.14, No.3, pp.48-53, 2012.
- Sunil Jayant Kulkarni, "Solar Distillation: A Review", International Journal of Research (IJR), Vol.1, No.11, pp.1171-1176, 2014.
- Sunil Jayant Kulkarni, "A Review on Research and Advancements in Extractive Distillation", International Journal of Research (IJR), Vol.2, No.1, pp.306-309, 2015.
- Sunil J. Kulkarni, Ajay Giri K. Goswami, Nilesh L. Shinde, "A Review on Use of Chromatography for Analytical Applications", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering, and Technology (ijsrset.com), Vol.1, No.4, pp.283-285, 2015.
- Sunil J. Kulkarni, Ajaygiri K. Goswami, "Applications And Advancements In Treatment Of Waste Water By Membrane Technology- A Review", International Journal Of Engineering Sciences and Research Technology, Vol.3, No.9, pp.446-449, 2014.
- Rashmi Vinod Dahake, A.K.Goswami, Dr. V. Kalyanraman, S.J.Kulkarni, "Performance Evaluation Of Hybrid Membrane Bioreactor For Low Strength Wastewater Treatment", International Journal Of Science, Engineering And Technology Research (IJSETR), Vol.2, No.12, pp. 2167-2169, 2013.
- S. Khojare, A.B. Kadu,P.G.Wasnik,M.R. Patil and Mrs. B.A.Khojare,"Adaptability of Membranes for Dairy Waste Management", Asian J. Exp. Sci.,Vol. 19, No. 2, pp.105-112, 2005.
- Sunil Jayant Kulkarni, "A Review on Petroleum Refining and Petrochemical Processes with Special Emphasis on Catalysts and Flue Gas Treatment Technology", International Journal of Petroleum and Petrochemical Engineering (IJPPE), 2, No. 1, pp.1-5, 2016.
- Sunil Jayant Kulkarni, "Research on Biocatalysts: A Review", International Journal of Research, Vol.2, No.4, pp.784-789, 2015.
- Sunil J. Kulkarni, "A Review on Studies and Research on Catalysts with Emphasis on Catalyst Deactivation", International Journal of Research and Review, Vol.2, No.10, pp.610-614, 2015.
- Sunil J. Kulkarni, Jayant P. Kaware, "Packed Bed Adsorption Column Modeling for Cadmium Removal", Int. J. of Thermal & Environmental Engineering, Vol.9, No. 2, pp.75-82, 2015.
- Kulkarni SJ, Kherde PM., "A Review on Advanced Membrane Separation Methods for Water Treatment, Int. J Res Rev., Vol.2, No.8, pp.513-517, 2015.
- Veena Ramachandran,Tanmay Uttam Gound, Sunil Kulkarni, "Biofilteration For Waste Gas Treatment- A Review", International Journal Of Ethics In Engineering & Management Education, Vol.1, No.4, pp.8-13, 2014.
- Sunil J. Kulkarni And Jayant P. Kaware, "Modeling For Packed Bed Phenol Removal By Low Cost Adsorbent Prepared From Rice Husk", Sci. Revs. Chem. Commun., Vol.6, No.1, pp.1-11, 2016.
- Karsten-Ulrich Klatt, Wolfgang Marquardt, "Perspectives For Process Systems Engineering—Personal Views From Academia And Industry", Computers And Chemical Engineering, Vol. 33, pp.536-550, 2009.
- Fernando P. Bernardo A, Pedro Saraiva A, Efstratios N. Pistikopoulos, "Inclusion of Information Costs in Process Design Optimization Under Uncertainty", Computers And Chemical Engineering, Vol. 24, pp.1695-1701, 2000.
- Claes Niklasson, Michael Christie, Stig Larsson, Lars Ohrstrom and John Bowden, "Integration Of Mathematics/Numeric Analysis With Chemistry/Chemical Engineering", Retrieved on 6 December 2005 from http:/ /www. math. chalmers. se/ stig/ papers/JEE % 20paper% 20031101.pdf, 2005.
- Jeffrey C. Kantor, Thomas F. Edgar, "Computing Skills In The Chemical Engineering Curriculum",Computers in ChE, CACHE,Corp., pp.9-56, 1996
- Damian Schofield, "Mass Effect: A Chemical Engineering Education Application Of Virtual Reality Simulator Technology", Merlot Journal Of Online Learning And Teaching, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp.63-75, March 2012.
- Kelvin W.W. Wong, John P. Barford, "Teaching Excel VBA As A Problem Solving Tool For Chemical Engineering Core Courses", Chemical & Bimolecular Engineering, Hkust, Hong Kong, Doi: Http:// Dx.Doi.Org /10.1016/J.Ece.2010.07.002, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. E72–E77, December 2010.
- David D. Kumar, "Computer Applications In Balancing Chemical Equations", Journal Of Science Education And Technology, Vol.10, No.4, pp.347-350, December 2001.
- Adilson Jose De Assis, Luis C. Oliveira-Lopes, "Free Software For Chemical Engineer's Educational Needs", 2nd Mercosur Congress On Chemical Engineering 4th Mercosur Congress On Process Systems Engineering, pp.1-11, 2006.
- Michael B. Cutlip, Mordechai Shacham, "Recent Advances In Chemical Engineering Problem Solving", Workshop - Mathematical Software Packages, 1, pp.1-7, 2007.
- R.Manafov, "Development Of A Software Application For Solving Of Problems Of Chemical Kinetics And Its Implementation In A C", International Journal Of Engineering And Applied Sciences, Vol.2, No.10, pp.33-37, October 2015.
- Michael B. Cutlip and Mordechai Shacham, "Integration Of Numerical Problem Solving Into The Chemical Engineering Curriculum", Proceedings Of The 2003 American Society For Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition Copyright © 2003, American Society For Engineering Education, pp.1-5, 2003.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 3 | November-December 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 33-36
Manuscript Number : CSEIT16136
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT16136