Manuscript Number : CSEIT16137
Comparative Review of new QoS-Aware Clustering Protocols for Efficient Routing in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks
Authors(2) :-Gatete Marcel, Dr. A. Kovalan
Due to the infracrtureless nature of MANETs, some of their fundamental characteristics such as wireless medium, dynamic topology, collision and interference events, decentralized management, and distributed cooperation between nodes always influence its overall performance as various problems such as the Quality of Service provision’s degradation, higher error rates, various constraints related to bandwidth, power and applications-related issues are frequently associated with them. To contain all those constraints, various algorithms and protocols have been developed mainly aiming at satisfying the users and applications’ requirements in providing high QoS in order to achieve the overall network’s performance. Clustering is one approach toward dealing with those MANET’s routing-related problems, but due to its unstable nature, it is sometimes difficult for protocols specialized in clustering techniques to divide the network into clusters in conjunction with their Cluster-Head selection criterion. Various clustering mechanism have been proposed in the literature such as QAMACF (QoS-Aware transmission for Multimedia applications using Ant Colony with Fuzzy optimization), a protocol implemented based on Ant Colony Optimization and Fuzzy Logic techniques, GDAQM (Genetic with DPD for Attaining high QoS in MANETs), a very efficient and robust algorithm which is a combination of both Genetic and MDPD-k scheduling algorithms, MARMAQS (Multi-Algorithm Routing Mechanism for Acquiring high Quality of Service in MANET), a routing mechanism very effective in achieving high QoS in term of highly increased transmission’s reliability, network’s lifetime, packet delivery ratio, throughput, and decreased both end-to-end delay’s ratio and routing overhead, FSR-CAES (Full-Featured Secure Routing Clustering Algorithm with Energy-Aware and Scheduling capabilities for highly increasing QoS in MANET), an efficient clustering technique which is a combination of numerous algorithms, each one containing one of the previously mentioned problems. All those QoS routing algorithms share almost the same goal; achieving high QoS especially in transmitting multimedia data over MANETs, each one having its own features, enhancements, and achievements. The clustering scheme they use achieves high scalability in the presence of large networks with speedy nodes. As the comparative analysis and evaluation of these protocols has never been conducted; this paper aims to provide a systematic analysis of each QoS protocol by presenting each algorithm’s detailed features, their comparative evaluation using various prominent QoS provision techniques is then provided.
MANETs, QoS-Aware Routing, Clustering, Multimedia Applications, Comparison.
- Harvaneet Kaur, "A survey on MANET routing protocols”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Volume 5, issue 1, January 2015.
- GATETE Marcel, Dr. N. Vetrivelan, "QoS- Aware Transmission for Multimedia Applications in MANET using ACO with Fuzzy Logic”, International of Innovations in Scientific Engineering Research (IJISER), Vol. 2 Issue 9 OCT 2015.
- GATETE Marcel, Dr. A. Kovalan, "An exposure of a new mechanism capable of achieving a high QoS for efficiently transmitting multimedia data in MANETs”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Biology, Ecology, Science and Technology (IJARBEST) Vol. 1, Issue 9, December 2015.
- GATETE Marcel, Dr. N.Vetrivelan, "MARMAQS: a new efficient multi- algorithm routing mechanism for acquiring high Quality of Service in MANET”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Biology Engineering Science and Technology (IJARBEST) Vol. 2, Issue 3, March 2016.
- GATETE Marcel, Dr. A. Kovalan, "A full-featured efficient clustering mechanism for improving QoS in MANETs”, International Journal of Networking and Virtual Organizations (Inderscience.com), (Accepted for publication, December 2016).
- Jian-Ming Chang, Po-Chun Tsou, Isaac Woungang, Han-Chieh Chao, and Chin-Feng Lai, Member, IEEE, "Defending Against Collaborative Attacks by Malicious Nodes in MANETs: A Cooperative Bait Detection Approach”, IEEE systems journal, vol. 9, no. 1, march 2015.
- Chuck Semeria, "Supporting Differentiated Service Classes: Queue Scheduling Disciplines”, Juniper Networks”, pp.11-14, 2001.
- Tomáš Balogh, Martin Medvecký, "Comparison of Priority Queuing-Based Scheduling Algorithms", ElektroRevue, VOL. 1, NO. 1, APRIL 2010.
- Ghulam Yasin, Syed Fakhar Abbas, S R Chaudhry, "MANET Routing Protocols for Real-Time Multimedia Applications", Wseas transactions on communications, Issue 8, Volume 12, August 2013.
- Devarapalli, and D. Sidhu, "MZR_ a Multicast Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Communications, p. 886-891, vol. 3, June 2001.
- Shculzrinne H, Casner S., Frederick R., Jacobson V., "RTP: A Transport Protocol for Real-Time Applications”, RFC 3550, Retrieved 9 November 2012 from http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3550.txt. 9, NO. 1, MARCH 2015.
- Sasikala, Dr. R. S. D. Wahidabanu, "Adaptive packet scheduling technique to minimize the packet delay time in MANET by maintaining a Queue for each flow through FSM Mechanism”, Journal of Convergence Information Technology(JCIT), 2014.
- Shaveta Jain and Kushagra Agrawal, "A Survey on Multicast Routing Protocols for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 96– No.14, June 2014.
- Ze Li, and Haiying Shen, "A QOS-Oriented Distributed Routing Protocol for Hybrid Wireless Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol.13, No.3, PP.693-708, 2014.
- GATETE Marcel, Dr. N. Vetrivelan, "Evaluating the effects of the energy management’s issues on the MANET’s performance using two native routing protocols against a power-aware routing protocol”, International Journal of Computer Science Trends and Technology (IJCST) – Volume 3 Issue 5, Sept-Oct 2015.
- T, "Maximizing the network lifetime by using efficient power-aware routing in MANET”, International Journal of Emerging Technology in Computer Science & Electronics (IJETCSE) ISSN: 0976-1353 Volume 12 Issue 4 –FEBRUARY 2015.
- Vaidhegi, C.Padmavathy, T.Priyanga, and A.Priyadharshini, "Delay-Sensitive Packet Scheduling Algorithm for MANETs by Cross-Layer”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Advanced Engineering (IJIRAE) Volume 1 Issue 1 (March 2014), ISSN: 2278-2311 IJIRAE | http://ijirae.com.
- Xiaoyan Wang, Member, IEEE and Jie Li, Senior Member, IEEE, "Improving the Network Lifetime of MANETs through Cooperative MAC Protocol Design”, IEEE transactions on parallel and distributed systems, vol. 26, no. 4, April 2015.
- Shivashankar, Hosahalli Narayanagowda Suresh, Golla Varaprasad and Guruswamy Jayanthi, "Designing Energy Routing Protocol With Power Consumption Optimization in MANET”, Received 17 July 2013; revised 15 September 2013; accepted 18 September 2013. Date of publication 27 October 2013; date of current version 30 July 2014. Digital Object Identi_er 10.1109/TETC.2013.2287177.
- Priyadharshini, M.Tamilarasi, and Ms.K.ThamaraiRubini, Ms.K.ThamaraiRubini, "Predicting Route Lifetime for Maximizing Network Lifetime in MANET”, Published in Computing, Electronics and Electrical Technologies (ICCEET), 2012 International Conference on Date of Conference: 21-22 March 2012.
- Mousumi Sardar and Koushik Majumder, "A survey on trust based secure routing in MANET”, David C. Wyld (Eds) : ICCSEA, SPPR, CSIA, wimoa – 2013, pp. 243–253, 2013. © CS & IT-CSCP 2013 DOI : 10.5121/csit.2013.3525.
- Aarti, Dr.S.S. Tyagi, "Study of MANET: Characteristics, Challenges, Application and Security Attacks”, Volume 3, Issue 5, May 2013 ISSN: 2277 128X, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Available online at www.ijarcsse.com.
- Maram Bibi, Rabub Mehaboob, Sidra Shabbir, Sidra Ejaz, "A Comprehensive Study on QoS in MANET and 4G”, Mariam et al, / International Journal of Computer and Communication System Engineering (IJCCSE), Vol. 2 (3), 443-452, 2015.
- Harvaneet Kaur, "A survey on MANET routing protocols”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Volume 5, Issue 1, January 2015.
- Sapna Pal, S. P. Singh "Mobility Based ClusterHead & Gateway Selection Algorithm in MANET”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), ISSN: 2278- 0181, Vol. 2 Issue 1, January- 2013.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 3 | November-December 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-12-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 47-56
Manuscript Number : CSEIT16137
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT16137