Manuscript Number : CSEIT172119
E-Waste Recovery, Reuse, Recycle, Management and Treatment : An Insight
Authors(1) :-Sunil Jayant Kulkarni
India is one of the fastest growing economies. The progress in information and technology sector in India is fast and continuous. In the computer and I.T. sector, the people should know various interdisciplinary aspects and effects of waste generated due to these industries and their effects. Solid waste management is already a grey area in India. The components of the computer assembly contain many heavy metals. Many of these metals are precious. Solid waste management and its various aspects are studied by various researchers and scholars. The formal recycling facilities are inadequate and obsolete. Informal recyclers are treating 95% of the E-waste generated with hazardous practices. The rapid growth of technology, upgradation in technical innovation and high rate of obsolescence in electronic industry calls for better and competitive technology. Current review summarizes research and studies carried out on reuse, recovery and treatment of E waste.
Sunil Jayant Kulkarni
Chemical Engineering Department, Datta Meghe College of Engineering, Airoli, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Hazardous Waste, Recycling Systems, Contaminants, Disposal, Formal And Informal Sector
- Abhaykumar S Wayal, Mudassir. D. Wagle, “Use of Waste Plastic and Waste Rubber in Aggregate and Bitumen for Road Materials”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Vol.3, No.7, pp.301-306, 2013.
- Kulkarni SJ., “A Review on Studies and Research on Use of Plastic Waste”, Int. J Res Rev., Vol. 2, No.11, pp.692-696, 2015.
- Mane Ashish Vilas, “A Critical Overview of Legal Profile on Solid Waste Management in India”, Int. J. Res. Chem. Environ., Vol.591, pp.1-16, 2015.
- John Sutherland Earle, “Rotary Kiln Incineration of Hazardous Wastes: Pilot-Scale Studies at Louisiana State University”, A Dissertation Submitted to the Graduate Faculty of the Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Louisiana State University, pp.1-176, December 2003.
- Kulkarni SJ., “Review on solid waste management with emphasis on hazardous waste”, International Journal of Research and Review, Vol.3, No.12, pp.16-19, 2016.
- Abhishek Tripathi, Manoj Kumar, D. C. Sau, Archana Agrawal, Sanchita Chakravarty, T. R. Mankhand, “Leaching Of Gold From The Waste Mobile Phone Printed Circuit Boards (Pcbs) With Ammonium Thiosulphate”, International Journal Of Metallurgical Engineering, Vol.1, No.2, pp. 17-21, 2012.
- Chatterjee and Krishna Kumar, “Effective Electronic Waste Management And Recycling Process Involving Formal And Non-Formal Sectors”, International Journal Of Physical Sciences, Vol.4, No.13, pp.893-905, 2009.
- Rohini N. Hongal, Roopa G. Sunagad, Shruti A. Gombi, Rohankumar Patil, K.Bhat, “A Technical Method Of Extraction Of Gold From E-Waste: A Multi-Sensor Based Method Using Microcontroller”, International Journal Of Research In Engineering And Technology, Vol.3, No.7, pp.94-97, 2014.
- Kulkarni SJ., “A Review on Studies and Research on Gold Recovery from Industrial Solid Waste”, International Journal of Science & Healthcare Research, Vol.1, No.2, pp.53-56, 2016.
- Sunil Jayant Kulkarni, “Solute Uptake, Kinetic and Isotherm Studies for Copper Removal: A Review”, International Journal of Research (IJR), Vol.2, No.1, pp. 718-723, January 2015.
- Shagun, Ashwani Kush, and Anupam Arora, “Proposed Solution of E-waste Management”, International Journal of Future Computer and Communication, Vol. 2, No. 5, pp. 490-493,October 2013.
- Deepali Sinha-Khetriwala,, Philipp Kraeuchib, Markus Schwaninger, “A Comparison of Electronic Waste Recycling Inswitzerland and in India”, Environmental Impact Assessment Review, Vol. 25, pp. 492– 504, 2005.
- Anwesha Borthakur, Pardeep Singh, “Electronic waste in India: Problems and policies”, International Journal of Environmental Sciences, Vol.3, No. 1, pp. 353-362, 2012.
- Kurian Joseph, “Electronic Waste Management in India–Issues and Strategies”, Proceedings Sardinia 2007, Eleventh International Waste Management and Landfill Symposium S. Margherita di Pula, Cagliari, Italy; 1 - 5 October 2007,1-9, 2007.
- Ramachandra T.V., Saira Varghese K., “Environment Ally Sound Options For E-Wastes Management”, Energy & Wetlands Research Group, Centre for Ecological Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore.,1-8,https://www.researchgate.net/publication/257137715_ENVIRONMENTALLY_SOUND_OPTIONS_FOR_E-WASTES_MANAGEMENT,2004.
- Kousar Jahan Ara Begum, “Electronic Waste (E-Waste) Management in India: A Review”, IOSR Journal Of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), Vol.10, No. 4, pp.46-57, May - Jun. 2013.
- Saurabh Kumar, Rajesh Singh, Dhananjay Singh, Rajmohan Prasad and Tushar Yadav, “Electronics-waste Management”, International Journal of Environmental Engineering and Management, 4, No.4, pp.389-396, 2013.
- Anju Nair, Neetu Hari, “Management of Informal E-waste Recycling with Special Reference to India”, International Journal of Innovative Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp.45-52, March 2015.
- Rajesh Kumar, Karishma, “Current Scenario of E-waste Management in India: Issues and Strategies”, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Vol.6, No. 1, pp. 424-430, January 2016.
- Rashmi Kumar, Dahyala. J. Shah, “Review: Current Status of Recycling of Waste Printed Circuit Boards in India”, Journal of Environmental Protection, 5, pp.9-16, 2014.
- Lakshmi Raghupathy, Mrs Christine Kruger, Dr. Ashish Chaturvedi, Dr. Rachna Arora, Mr Mikael P. Henzler, “E-waste Recycling in India–Bridging the Gap Between the Informal and Formal Sector”, http://www.iswa.org/uploads/tx_iswaknowledgebase/Krueger.pdf, 1-10,2015.
- Jayapradha, “Scenario of E-waste in India and Application of New Recycling Approaches for E-waste Management”, Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, Vol.7, No.3, pp.232-238, 2015.
- Mahesh C. Vats, Santosh K. Singh, “Status of E-Waste in India - A Review”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol.3, No. 10, pp. 16917-16931, October 2014.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 25-28
Manuscript Number : CSEIT172119
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT172119