Manuscript Number : CSEIT172154
A Survey on Cloud Applications
Authors(2) :-J. Preethi, N. Aswathy
The numbers of users accessing the cloud datas are rising day by day. Clouds are based on data centers, which are powerful to handle large number of users, who can access anytime and anywhere. Data centers consumes huge amount of energy leads to increase the cost and carbon emission. Large number of data centers is easy to built, but not good for environment. The business community has begun to embrace cloud computing as a viable option to reduce the costs and to improve IT and business agility. Many techniques had been proposed in order to reduce the environmental impact of cloud application. In an existing system presented an approach to minimize the environmental impact of cloud-based application considering of its entire life cycle. An adaption mechanism derived by an adaption controller that reduces the CO2 emission. Application Controller decides when to apply an adaptation strategy and decides the strategy most suitable for the given context is called as adaptation strategy selection which reduces the environmental impact and computation time and increases the performance in cloud applications. So we can prevent the air pollution by minimize the amount of CO2 in air. In this paper we discussed various existing work related to reduce the CO2 emission in cloud applications. By using high performance cloud environment co2 emission can be reduced and the performance also improved without an environmental impact.
CO2 Emission, Adaptation Strategy, Virtual Machine, Cloud Computing
- Buyya, C. S. Yeo, S. Venugopal, J. Broberg, and I. Brandic,"Cloud computing and emerging it platforms: Vision, hype, andreality for delivering computing as the 5th utility," Journal of Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 25, pp. 599–616, 2009.
- S. Bhardwaj, L. Jain, and S. Jain, "Cloud computing: A study of infrastructure as a service (iaas)," International Journal of Engineering and Information Technology, vol. 2, pp. 60–63, 2010.
- J. Zhu, Cloud Computing Technologies and Application. Handbook of Cloud Computing, 2010, pp. 21–45
- C.-H. Hsu, K. D. Slagter, S.-C. Chen, and Y.-C. Chung, "Optimizingenergy consumption with task consolidation in clouds," Information Sciences, vol. 258, pp. 452–462, 2014.
- S. Chaisiri, B.-S. Lee, and D. Niyato, "Optimization of resource provisioning cost in cloud computing," IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, vol. 5, pp. 164–177, 2012.
- R. W. Ahmad, A. Gani, S. H. A. Hamid, M. Shiraz, A. Yousafzai,and F. Xia, "A survey on virtual machine migration and serverconsolidation frameworks for cloud data centers," Journal of Networkand Computer Applications, vol. 52, pp. 11–25, 2015.
- A. Beloglazov and R. Buyya, "Managing overload hosts for dynamicconsolidation of virtual machines in cloud data centersunder quality of service constraints," IEEE Transactions of Paralleland Distributed Systems, vol. 24, pp. 1366–1379, 2012.
- S. K. Garg, A. N. Toosi, S. K. Gopalaiyengar, and R. Buyya, "Slabasedvirtual machine management for heterogeneous workloadsin a cloud datacenter," Journal of Network and Computer Applications,vol. 45, pp. 108–120, 2014.
- M. Blackburn, "Five ways to reduce data center server powerconsumption," The Green Grid, Tech. Rep., 2008. Online Available: http://www.thegreengrid.org//media/WhitePapers/White Paper 7 - Five Ways to Save Power.pdf?lang=en
- V. Mathew, R. K. Sitar man, and P. Shenoy, "Energy-aware load balancing in content delivery networks," in 2012 IEEE INFOCOM,2012, pp. 954–962.
- Nguyen, TrungHieu, Mario Di Francesco, and AnttiYla-Jaaski. "Virtual Machine Consolidation with Multiple Usage Prediction for Energy-Efficient Cloud Data Centers." IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (2017).
- Guo, Songtao, Bin Xiao, Yuanyuan Yang, and Yang Yang. "Energy-efficient dynamic offloading and resource scheduling in mobile cloud computing." In Computer Communications, IEEE INFOCOM 2016-The 35th Annual IEEE International Conference on, pp. 1-9. IEEE, 2016.
- Cappiello, Cinzia, Nguyen Ho, Barbara Pernici, PierluigiPlebani, and Monica Vitali. "Co2-aware adaptation strategies for cloud applications." (2015).
- Peoples, Cathryn, Gerard Parr, and Sally McClean. "Energy-aware data centre management." In Communications (NCC), 2011 National Conference on, pp. 1-5. IEEE, 2011.
- A. Beloglazov, R. Buyya, Y. C. Lee, and A. Zomaya, "A Taxonomyand Survey of Energy-Efficient Data Centers and Cloud ComputingSystems," Advances in Computers, vol. 82(2), pp. 47–111, 2011.
- Diaconescu, Dragos, Florin Pop, and ValentinCristea. "Energy-aware Placement of VMs in a Datacenter." In Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing (ICCP), 2013 IEEE International Conference on, pp. 313-318. IEEE, 2013.
- Grimes, Diarmuid, Deepak Mehta, Barry O’Sullivan, Robert Birke, Lydia Chen, Thomas Scherer, and Ignacio Castineiras. "Robust Server Consolidation: Coping with Peak Demand Underestimation." In Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS), 2016 IEEE 24th International Symposium on, pp. 271-276. IEEE, 2016.
- Goyal, Sudhir, SeemaBawa, and Bhupinder Singh. "Green Service Level Agreement (GSLA) framework for cloud computing." Computing 98, no. 9 (2016): 949-963.
- Karpowicz, Michał, EwaNiewiadomska-Szynkiewicz, PiotrArabas, and AndrzejSikora. "Energy and Power Efficiency in Cloud." In Resource Management for Big Data Platforms, pp. 97-127. Springer International Publishing, 2016.
- Wajid, Usman, Barbara Pernici, and Gareth Francis. "Energy efficient and CO2 aware cloud computing: Requirements and case study." In 2013 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 121-126. IEEE, 2013.
- Arroba, Patricia, and RajkumarBuyya. "DVFS-Aware Consolidation for Energy-Efficient Clouds." In 2015 International Conference on Parallel Architecture and Compilation (PACT), pp. 494-495. IEEE, 2015.
- Yamagiwa, Motoi, and Minoru Uehara. "A proposal for development of cloud platform using solar power generation." In Complex, Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems (CISIS), 2012 Sixth International Conference on, pp. 263-268. IEEE, 2012.
- Yamagiwa, Motoi, and Minoru Uehara. "A study on constructing an energy saving cloud system powered by photovoltaic generation." In 2012 15th International Conference on Network-Based Information Systems, pp. 844-848. IEEE, 2012.
- Cappiello, Cinzia, PierluigiPlebani, and Monica Vitali. "Energy-aware process design optimization." In Cloud and Green Computing (CGC), 2013 Third International Conference on, pp. 451-458. IEEE, 2013.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 10-17
Manuscript Number : CSEIT172154
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT172154