Manuscript Number : CSEIT172214
Load Balancing and Bandwidth in Grid Computing Environments
Authors(2) :-J. Preethi, R. Jayasudha
Load Balancing is the challenging tasks in the Computing infrastructure. These two tasks are interdependent. Well defined computing infrastructure may reach through a Blue Print is called GRID. Even advance Resource Management algorithms may suffer due to improper load distribution among the available resources in the Grid environment. Load balancing algorithm plays important role in the resource management and also gives much impact in the performance point of view. An Improved Enhanced Gridsim with Deadline Control (IEGDC) model is used to reduce bandwidth and for load balancing. It enhances the utilization of the resources and prevents the resource overloading. The selection method for the scheduling proposed here is called Fastest Bandwidth to Highest Capacity (FBHC). Our selection method considers the state of resource bandwidth and capacity of the resources. The incorporation of the said features of the proposed method makes it quite attractive in grid applications. It is simulated on GridSim platform.
Grid Computing, Load Balancing, Bandwidth, Scheduling.
- Belabbas Yagoubi and Yahya Slimani, "Dynamic Load Balancing Strategy for Grid Computing," World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology,2006.
- Mohd Kamir Yusof, Muhamad Azahar Stapa,"Achieving of Tabu Search Algorithm for Scheduling Technique in Grid Computing Using GridSim Simulation Tool: Multiple Jobs on Limited Resource," International Journal of Grid and Distributed Computing,Vol. 3, No. 4, December, 2010.
- C.Kalpana, U.Kartichk Kumar and R.Gogulan ,"A Randomized Load Balancing in grid using Max Min PSO Algorithm," International Journal of Research in Computer Science,ISSN 2249-8265,2012.
- S.K.Karthikumar, 2M.Udhaya Preethi, P.Chitra," Fair Scheduling Approach For Load Balancing and Fault Tolerant in Grid Environment," IEEE International Conference on Emerging Trends in Computing, Communication and Nanotechnology (ICECCN), 2013.
- Tiwari, Pawan Kumar, and Deo Prakash Vidyarthi. "Improved auto control ant colony optimization using lazy ant approach for grid scheduling problem." Future Generation Computer Systems 60 (2016): 78-89.
- Jagdish Chandra Patni, M.S. Aswal, Aman Aswal,Paras Rastogi. A Dynamic and Optimal Approach of Load Balancing in Heterogeneous Grid Computing Environment. 2015 Springer International Publishing Switzerland. Emerging ICT for Bridging the Future Vol-2, Page No: 447-455.
- Sun, Li-Qian, Shao-Yong Guo, Si-Ya Xu, Zhu Liu, and Lei Wei. "A load-balancing-based fault-tolerant mapping method in smart grid virtual networks." In Network Operations and Management Symposium (APNOMS), 2016 18th Asia-Pacific, pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2016.
- Keerthika P, Suresh P,"A Hierarchical Load Balanced Fault tolerant Grid Scheduling Algorithm with User Satisfaction’" WSEAS Transactions on Computers, Vol.14, 2015.
- Naglaa M. Reda, "An Improved Sufferage Meta-Task Scheduling Algorithm in Grid Computing Systems", International Journal of Advanced Research (2015), Volume 3, Issue 10, 123 -129.
- Darmawan, Irfan, and Yoga Priyan. "Integration of Genetic and Tabu Search algorithm based load balancing for heterogenous grid computing." In Computer, Control, Informatics and Its Applications (IC3INA), 2013 International Conference on, pp. 325-329. IEEE, 2013.
- Karthikumar, S. K., M. Udhaya Preethi, and P. Chitra. "Fair scheduling approach for Load balancing and Fault tolerant in grid environment." In Emerging Trends in Computing, Communication and Nanotechnology (ICE-CCN), 2013 International Conference on, pp. 446-451. IEEE, 2013.
- Zhang, Zehua, and Xuejie Zhang. "A load balancing mechanism based on ant colony and complex network theory in open cloud computing federation." In Industrial Mechatronics and Automation (ICIMA), 2010 2nd International Conference on, vol. 2, pp. 240-243. IEEE, 2010.
- Wenpeng, Zhang, and Liu Hongzhao. "A load balancing method based on genetic clonal annealing strategy in grid environments." In Educational and Network Technology (ICENT), 2010 International Conference on, pp. 549-552. IEEE, 2010.
- A. Paulin Florence,V. Shanthi,"A Load Balancing Model Using Firefly Algorithm In Cloud Computing," Journal Of Computer Science, 10 (7): 1156-1165, 2014.
- Q.Zheng and B.Veeravalli,"On the Design of Mutually Aware Optimal Pricing and Load Balancing Strategies for Grid Computing Systems," accepted by IEEE Transactions on Computers,Vol 63,No 7,July 2014.
- Jasma Balasangameshwara and Nedunchezhian Raju,"A hybrid policy for Fault Tolerant Load Balancing in Grid computing Environments," Journal of Network and Computer Applications Elsevier,35,pp 412- 422,2012.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 22-25
Manuscript Number : CSEIT172214
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT172214