Manuscript Number : CSEIT1722365
A Review : Recent Technological Advancement in the Field of Optical Filter
Authors(2) :-Neha Singh, Dr. Krishna Chandra Roy
The photonic crystal is a spatial dielectric material in which refractive index of material is periodically modulated. Photonic band gap is the characteristics by which wave is propagated inside this crystal. This chromatic gap of photonic crystal is mainly used for the spatial purpose filtering. In the proposed paper review of various types of optical filter which are based on optical fiber, photonic crystal fiber and photonic crystal material has been discussed. The recent advancement of optical filtering technique and also different applications of optical filter has been reviewed. In the paper advance photonic crystal based Add & Drop filter (ADF) is also explained which is mostly used for filtering purpose in optical communication network and wavelength division multiplexing (WDM).
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, Career Point University, Kota, Rajasthan, India
Dr. Krishna Chandra Roy
Department of Electrical Engineering, Kautilya Institute of Technology & Engineering, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Photonic Crystal (PhC); Optical filter; Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM); Add & drop filter (ADF), Filter application
- T.-T. Shih, Y.-D. Wu, and J.-J. Lee, “Proposal for compact optical triplexer filter using 2-D Photonic crystals,” IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett. 21, 18–21 (2009).
- Z. Qiang, W. Zhou, and R. A. Soref, “Optical add-drop filters based on photonic crystal ring resonators,” Opt. Express 15(4), 1823–1831 (2007).
- E. Yablonovitch, “Inhibited spontaneous emission on solid- state physics and electronics,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 58(20), 2059–2062 (1987).
- J. D. Joannopoulos et al., Photonic Crystal: Modeling of Flow of Light, Princeton University Press, Princeton, New Jersey (2008).
- T. Yu et al., “Power splitter based on photonic crystal waveguides with an air holes array,” Opt. Eng. 50(11), 1146011 (2011).
- V.L. Kalyani and V. Sharma, “Different types of optical filter and their application,” Journal of Management Engineering and Information Technology (JMEIT), 3(3), ISSN: 2394-8124, 12-17 50–55 (2016).
- A. Ghaffari et al., “Analysis of photonic crystal power splitters with different configurations,” J. Appl. Sci. 8(8), 1416–1425 (2008).
- S. John, “Strong localization of photons in certain disordered dielectric super lattices,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 58 (23), 2486–2489 (1987).
- Z. Wu et al., “Bends and splitters for self-collimated beams in two dimensional triangular lattice photonic crystals,” Opt. Eng. 50(11),1140021 (2011).
- S. Huang et al., “Power splitters with different output power levels built with two dimensional photonic crystals,” Opt. Eng. 45(2), 020502 (2006).
- G. Manzacca et al., “2D photonic crystal cavity-based WDM multiplexer,” Photon. Nanostruct. 5(4), 164–170 (2007).
- D. S. Park et al., “Photonic crystal-based GE-PON triplexer using point defects,” Proc. SPIE 6897, 689711 (2008).
- A. Ghaffari et al., “Heterostructure wavelength division demultiplexers using photonic crystal ring resonators,” Opt. Commun. 281(15–16), 4028–4032 (2008).
- N. Janrao, R. Zafar, and V. Janyani, “ Improved design of photonic crystal waveguides with elliptical holes for enhanced slow light performance,” Opt. Eng. 51(6), 064001 (2012).
- M. Djavid and M. S. Abrishanian, “Photonic crystal channel drop filters with mirror cavities,” Opt. Quantum Electron. 39(14), 1183–1190 (2007).
- F. Monifi et al., “A new bandstop filter based on photonic crystals,” in Proc. Progress in Electromagnetic Research, Cambridge, pp. 674–677 (2008).
- P. Andalib and N. Granpayeh, “Optical add/drop filter based on dual curved photonic crystal resonator,” in IEEE Conf. on Photonics, Freiburg, Germany, pp. 249–250 (2008).
- M. K. Moghaddam, A. R. Attari, and M. M. Mirsalehi, “ Improved photonic crystal directional coupler with short length,” Photon. Nanostruct.8(1), 47–53 (2010).
- F. Monifi et al., “Three output port channel drop filter based on photonic crystals,” Appl. Opt. 48(4), 804–809 (2009).
- C. Chao et al., “Bandpass filters based on phase-shifted photonic crystal waveguide gratings,” Opt. Express 15(18), 11278–11284 (2007).
- Q. Wang et al., “The position independence of heterostructure coupled waveguides in photonic-crystal switch,” Optik (Munich, Ger.) 121(8), 684–688 (2010).
- F.-L. Hsiao and C. Lee, “A nano ring resonator based on 2D hexagonal lattice photonic crystals,” in IEEE Conf. on Optical MEMS and Nanophotonics, Clearwater, Florida, pp. 107–108 (2009).
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 138-142
Manuscript Number : CSEIT1722365
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT1722365