Manuscript Number : CSEIT17231
A Review of AC - AC Voltage and Frequency Controller
Authors(2) :-D. Velmurugan, Dr. Naveen Raman
With energy savings as main objective, controllers are designed using power electronic devices that provide variable ac output from fixed ac input sources. Nowadays applications stating from domestic to industries uses power electronic controllers for producing variable voltage, variable frequency to satisfy the load demand as well as to obtain optimum energy savings. In this paper, AC – AC voltage regulator or controller and cycloconverter circuits are studied using MATLAB simulation software to produce variable ac.
AC - AC voltage controller; Cyclo-converter; MATLAB Simulink, THD, MOSFET
- Ahmet Altintas, “A comparative study on ac voltage controllers in terms of harmonic effectiveness,” Erciyes Üniversitesi Fen Bilimleri Enstitüsü Dergisi, 21 (1-2), pp. 79-86, 2005.
- Ahmet Altintas, “A new method for power quality improvement in classical AC/AC voltage controllers using PWM,” Scientific Research and Essays, Vol. 5 (10), pp. 1075-1083, May, 2010.
- Dharmesh V. Khakhkhar, “Design and Simulation of Novel Integral Switching Cycle Control for Heating Load,” International Journal of Emerging Trends in Electrical and Electronics, Vol. 5, July 2013.
- Dr. Jamal A. Mohammed, “Speed Control of Single Phase Induction Motor Using Micro-Controller,” ICIAC-12-13th April 2014.
- E.S. Oluwasogo, and I.K. Okakwu, “Performance Analysis of a Single-Phase Ac Voltage Controller Under Induction Motor Load,” International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 03, Issue: 06, Jun-2014.
- K.S.Pandya and N. B. Danidhariya, “ Simulation of Step-down Cycloconverter for Speed Control of Single Phase Induction Motor,” International Journal of Advance Engineering and Research Development, Vol. 1, issue 5, 2014.
- Kaushal S. Pandya and Niraj B. Danidhariya, “ Simulation of Speed Control of Single Phase Induction Motor Using Cycloconverter,” National Conference on Emerging Trends in Computer & Electrical Engineering, pp – 343 -347, 2014.
- M. Narayanan, “ MATLAB Simulation of Single Phase Mid – Point Step Up and Step Down Cycloconverter,” International Journal of Scientific Research in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology, Vol. 1, issue. 2, March – April 2017.
- M. Narayanan, R. M. Karthika, K. Karthika, V. K. Aravind and S. Vignesh, “Comparative study of control strategies of AC voltage controller,” International Journal of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 3, issue. 11, 2015.
- O. Oladepo and G.A. Adegboyega, “MATLAB Simulation of Single-Phase SCR Controller for Single Phase Induction Motor,” International Journal of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 5, Number 2 (2012).
- Rashid, M. H., Power Electronic Circuits, Devices, and Applications. 3rd Ed. Prentice Hall of India, 2007.
- Ravi Prakash, Senetsolu Nyekha, Prateek Sahu and Prof. Devendra Tiwari, “ SPMC as Single Phase to Single Phase Cycloconverter with SPWM using MATLAB/Simulink,” International Journal of Scientific Development and Research, Vol. 1, issue 10, Oct 2016.
- Rohit Gupta, Ruchika Lamba, and Subhransu Padhee, “Thyristor based Speed Control Techniques of DC Motor: A Comparative Analysis, “International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Vol. 2, (6), June, 2012.
- S. M. Bashi, N. F. Mailah and W. B. Cheng, “Development of a Single-Phase PWM AC Controller,” Pertanika J. Sci. & Technol, 16 (2), pp. 119-127, 2008.
- John N. Chiasson, Leon M. Tolbert, Keith J. McKenzie,Zhong Du, “A Complete Solution to the Harmonic Elimination Problem,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 491-499, Mar. 2004.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 143-155
Manuscript Number : CSEIT17231
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT17231