Manuscript Number : CSEIT172435
Security Issues of Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks in OSI layers
Authors(1) :-Abdul Quyoom
A vehicular ad hoc network (VANET) is a mobile ad hoc network, where in place of mobile or network node we make use of vehicles. It is a special case of ad hoc networks that, besides lacking infrastructure, communicating entities move with various accelerations. VANET is intended to get better driver safety, avoid collisions, and offer traffic optimization, it present a unique range of different challenges and opportunities to get the availability of ubiquitous connectivity, reputation management systems and secure communications of routing protocols because of semi-organized nature of vehicular movements subject to the constraints of road geometry and rules. In this paper, we discuss challenges, security related features, and possible VANET attacks on OSI model layers.
Department of Computer Science, Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University, Rajouri, India
VANET, network protocols, Attacks, OSI Layers, Security.
- F. Li, Y. Wang, Routing in vehicular ad hoc networks: a survey, Veh. Technol. Mag., IEEE, pp 12-22, 2007.
- Dahlia sam, v. cyril raj," a time synchronized hybrid vehicular ad hoc network of roadside sensors and vehicles for safe driving", journal of computer science 10 (9): issn: 1549-3636,pp: 617-1627, 2014.
- S. Youse?, et al., Vehicular ad hoc networks (VANETs): challenges and perspectives, in: ITS Telecommunications Proceedings, 2006 6th International Conference, pp. 761-766, 2006.
- X. Ma, J. Zhang, X. Yin, K.S. Trivedi, Design and analysis of a robust broadcast scheme for VANET safety-related services. IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol. 61(1), pp:-46-61, 2012.
- K.C. Lee, et al., Survey of routing protocols in vehicular ad hoc networks, Advances in vehicular ad-hoc networks: developments and challenges, pp. 149-170, 2010.
- Kokuti, V. Simon, Adaptive multi-hop broadcast protocols for ad hoc networks, in International Symposium on Communication Systems, Networks & Digital Signal Processing, pp. 1-6, 2012.
- X. Li, B.J. Hu, H. Chen, J. Ye, A distance-aware safety-related message broadcasting algorithm for vehicular networks. Int. J. Distrib. Sens. Netw. 2014(6), pp:1-11, 2014.
- G. Xiao, H. Zhang, Z. Huang, Y. Chen, Decentralized cooperative piggybacking for reliable broadcast in the vanet, in 2016 IEEE 83rd Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), pp. 1-5, 2016.
- B.Wu, et al., A survey of attacks and countermeasures in mobile ad hoc networks, in: Wireless Network Security, ed: Springer, pp. 103-135. 2007.
- X. Sun, et al., Secure vehicular communications based on group signature and ID-based signature scheme, in: Communications, 2007, IEEE International Conference (ICC'07), pp. 1539-1545, 2007.
- K. Katsaros, et al., CLWPR-A novel cross-layer optimized position based routing protocol for VANETs, in: Vehicular Networking Conference (VNC), 2011 IEEE, pp. 139-146, 2011.
- P. Nithya Darisini, N.S. Kumari, A survey of routing protocols for VANET in urban scenarios, in: Pattern Recognition, Informatics and Mobile Engineering (PRIME), 2013 International Conference, pp. 464-467, 2013.
- Y. Qian, N. Moayeri, Design of secure and application-oriented VANETs, in: Vehicular Technology Conference, 2008. VTC Springer 2008. IEEE, pp. 2794-2799, 2008.
- E. Meriam, N. Tabbane, VANET adaptive and reliable broadcast protocol, in International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference, pp. 237-243, 2014.
- H.A. Omar, W. Zhuang, L. Li, On multi-hop communications for in-vehicle internet access based on a TDMAMAC protocol, in IEEE Conference on Computer Communications, pp. 1770-1778, 2014.
- Y.-W. Lin et al, Routing protocols in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks: a survey, J. Inf. Sci. Eng., pp 913-932, 2010.
- G. Al-Kubati, et al., Fast and Reliable Hybrid routing for Vehicular Ad hoc Networks, in: ITS Telecommunications (ITST), 2013 13th International Conference, pp. 20-25, 2013.
- Y. Xiang et al, GeoSVR: A map-based stateless VANET routing, Ad Hoc Networks 11 (2013) 2125-2135, 2013
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-08-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 127-134
Manuscript Number : CSEIT172435
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT172435