Manuscript Number : CSEIT172444
Black Hole Attack Prevention and Detection Solutions on AODV Routing Protocol in MANET
Authors(1) :-Pandi Selvam Raman
Mobile ad hoc network (MANET) is a self-configuring network that is formed via wireless links by a collection of mobile nodes without the help of a fixed infrastructure or centralized management. Securing wireless ad hoc networks is particularly difficult for many reasons including vulnerability of channels and nodes, absence of infrastructure, dynamically changing topology and etc. Black Hole attack is one of the major attack and this detection and prevention is still considered as a challenging task in ad hoc networks. Therefore this paper compares various Black Hole attack prevention and detection solutions that are explored recently.
Pandi Selvam Raman
Assistant Professor & Head, Department of CS & IT, Ananda College, Devakottai, Sivaganga, Tamil Nadu, India
MANET, Routing, AODV routing protocol and Black hole attack
- Ram Ramanathan and Jason Redi, “A Brief Overview of Ad hoc Networks: Challenges and Directions,” IEEE Computer Magazine, pp.20-22, 2002.
- Sheltami, Tarek, “Ad hoc Network Overview,” http://www.ccse.kfupm.edu.sa/~tarek, Ad hoc network Technology, 2003.
- Changling Liu and Jorg Kaiser, “A Survey of Mobile Ad hoc Network Routing Protocols,” Univ. of Ulm, Tech. Rep.Series, 2005.
- Krishna Gorantala, “Routing Protocols in Mobile Ad hoc Networks,” Master Thesis in Computing Science, Umea University, Sweden, 2006.
- Geetha Jayakumar, and G. Gopinath, “Ad Hoc Mobile Wireless Networks Routing Protocols – A Review,” Journal of Computer Science 3 (8), pp.574-582, 2007.
- S. Kalwar, "Introduction to reactive protocol," Potentials, IEEE, vol. 29, pp. 34-35, 2010.
- Ranjan, Rakesh, Nirnemesh Kumar Singh, and Ajay Singh. "Security issues of black hole attacks in MANET." Computing, Communication & Automation (ICCCA), International Conference on. IEEE, 2015.
- Kishor Jyoti Sarma, Rupam Sharma, Rajdeep Das, “A Survey of Black Hole Attack Detection in Manet.” IEEE, 2014
- Ayesha Siddiqua, Kotari Sridevi, and Arshad Ahmad Khan Mohammed. "Preventing black hole attacks in MANETs using secure knowledge algorithm." Signal Processing and Communication Engineering Systems (SPACES), 2015 International Conference on. IEEE, 2015.
- Miss Bhandare A. S., and S. B. Patil. "Securing MANET against Co-operative Black Hole Attack and Its Performance Analysis-A Case Study." Computing Communication Control and Automation (ICCUBEA), International Conference on. IEEE, 2015.
- Nidhi Choudhary, and Lokesh Tharani. "Preventing black hole attack in AODV using timer-based detection mechanism." Signal processing and communication engineering systems (SPACES), International conference on. IEEE, 2015.
- Ali Dorri and Hamed Nikdel. "A new approach for detecting and eliminating cooperative black hole nodes in MANET." Information and Knowledge Technology (IKT), 2015 7th Conference on. IEEE, 2015.
- Ashish Kumar Jain and Vrinda Tokekar. "Mitigating the effects of Black hole attacks on AODV routing protocol in Mobile Ad hoc Networks." Pervasive computing (ICPC), 2015 international conference on. IEEE, 2015.
- Anand A.Aware and Kiran Bhandari. "Prevention of Black hole Attack on AODV in MANET using hash function." Reliability, Infocom Technologies and Optimization (ICRITO)(Trends and Future Directions), 2014 3rd International Conference on. IEEE, 2014.
- Kriti Patidar and Vandana Dubey. "Modification in routing mechanism of AODV for defending blackhole and wormhole attacks." IT in Business, Industry and Government (CSIBIG), 2014 Conference on. IEEE, 2014.
- Vishvas Kshirsagar, Ashok M. Kanthe, and Dina Simunic. "Analytical approach towards packet drop attacks in mobile ad-hoc networks." Computational Intelligence and Computing Research (ICCIC), 2014 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2014.
- Gayatri Wahane, Ashok M. Kanthe, and Dina Simunic. "Detection of cooperative black hole attack using crosschecking with truelink in MANET." Computational Intelligence and Computing Research (ICCIC), 2014 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2014.
- Harsh Pratap Singh and Rashmi Singh. "A mechanism for discovery and prevention of coopeartive black hole attack in mobile ad hoc network using AODV protocol." Electronics and Communication Systems (ICECS), 2014 International Conference on. IEEE, 2014.
- Seryvuth Tan and Keecheon Kim. "Secure Route Discovery for preventing black hole attacks on AODV-based MANETs." High Performance Computing and Communications & 2013 IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (HPCC_EUC), 2013 IEEE 10th International Conference on. IEEE, 2013.
- Durgesh Kshirsagar and Abhijit Patil. "Blackhole attack detection and prevention by real time monitoring." Computing, Communications and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT), 2013 Fourth International Conference on. IEEE, 2013.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-08-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 135-140
Manuscript Number : CSEIT172444
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT172444