Manuscript Number : CSEIT17246
An Efficient Sequential Data Embedded Image Steganographic Approach
Authors(2) :-P. Jothimani, A. Nagarajan
Steganography, the art of hiding the data from human perception. The usages have been increased more in the present decade. Many techniques and algorithms were evolved to improvise the process. It concerns more about the secure transmission of the data in the communication spectrum. The data may be in any format such as the text, image, audio and even video files. Steganography more deeply uses the image as a medium to cover the original information. In the proposed method, uses the modified form of Least Significant Bit (LSB) insertion technique. The original text file is first converted into binary form. The cover image is converting regarding the input data’s corresponding pixel arrangement. The replacement takes place in such a way that, one pixel value will be modified and replaced in every block. As a result, the intruder cannot find out the changes taken place within the image. This method uses the LSB technique in a modified way with pixel replacement. The experimental results show that the proposed method remains secure and also, fast to process.
Insertion Technique, Communication Network, Steganography, Digital Image.
- Ankit Chaudhary, J. Vasavada, J. L. Raheja, S. Kumar, M. Sharma, "A Hash based Approach for Secure Keyless Steganography in Lossless RGB Images", in 22nd International Conference on Computer Graphics and Vision, 2012.
- Bhavana.S, and K.L.Sudha, "Text Steganography Using Lsb Insertion Method Along With Chaos Theory".
- Hemalatha S, U Dinesh Acharya, Renuka A, "Comparison Of Secure And High Capacity Color Image Steganography Techniques In Rgb And Ycbcr Domains", in International Journal of Advanced Information Technology (IJAIT) Vol. 3, No. 3, June 2013.
- Shankar, K., and P. Eswaran. "An Efficient Image Encryption Technique Based on Optimized Key Generation in ECC Using Genetic Algorithm", Artificial Intelligence and Evolutionary Computations in Engineering Systems. Springer India, 2016. 705-714.
- Juan Jose Roque, Jesus Maria Minguet, "SLSB: Improving the Steganographic Algorithm LSB".
- Kousik Dasgupta, J. K. Mandal, Paramartha Dutta, "Hash Based Least Significant Bit Technique for Video Steganography (HLSB)", International Journal of Security, Privacy and Trust Management (IJSPTM), Vol. 1, Issue No. 2, April, 2012.
- Mandal, J.K., Sengupta, M., (2011), "Steganographic Technique Based on Minimum Deviation of Fidelity (STMDF).", Proceedings of Second International Conference on Emerging Applications of Information Technology, IEEE Conference Publications, pp 298-301.
- S. M. Masud Karim, Md. Saifur Rahman, Md. Ismail Hossain "A New Approach for LSB Based Image Steganography using Secret Key", International Conference on omputer and Information Technology (ICCIT), Pages No. 286-291, 22-24 Dec., 2011.
- Mohammad A. Ahmad, Dr. Imad Alshaikhli, Sondos O. Alhussainan, "Achieving Security for Images by LSB and MD5", Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Technology Research, Vol. 2, Issue No.3, Pages No. 127-139, Sept., 2012.
- Prabakaran Ganesan and R. Bhavani, "A High Secure And Robust Image Steganography Using Dual Wavelet And Blending Model", in International Journal of computer Science, Vol 9, Issue 3, pp:277-284.
- Sachdeva, S and Kumar, A., (2012), "Color Image Steganography Based on Modified Quantization Table., Proceedings of Second International Conference on Advanced Computing & Communication Technologies, IEEE Conference Publications, pp 309-313.
- Shilpa Gupta, Geeta Gujral, and Neha Aggarwal, "Enhanced Least Significant Bit algorithm For Image Steganography", in International Journal of Computational Engineering & Management, Vol. 15 Issue 4, pp:- 40-42, July 2012
- Soumyendu Das,Subhendu Das, Bijoy Bandyopadhyay, sugata sanyal, "Steganography and Steganalysis: Different Approaches".
- Stuti Goel, Arun Rana, Manpreet Kaur, "A Review of Comparison Techniques of Image Steganography", in IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IOSR-JEEE) Volume 6, Issue 1 (May. - Jun. 2013), PP 41-48.
- Shankar, K., and P. Eswaran. "RGB-Based Secure Share Creation in Visual Cryptography Using Optimal Elliptic Curve Cryptography Technique", Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers 25.11 (2016): 1650138.
- Jozsef LENTI, "Steganographic Methods", in Periodica Polytechnica Ser. El. Eng. Vol. 44, No. 3-4, Pp. 249-258,2000.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-08-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 34-38
Manuscript Number : CSEIT17246
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT17246