Manuscript Number : CSEIT17247
Design of FIR Filter Using Novel Particle Swarm Optimization
Authors(1) :-Ela Mehra
This paper presents an optimal design of digital low pass finite impulse response (FIR) filter using Novel Particle Swarm Optimization (NPSO). The design target of FIR filter is to approximate the ideal filters on the request of a given designing specifications. The traditional based optimization techniques are not efficient for digital filter design. The filter specification to be realized NPSO algorithm generates the best coefficients and try to meet the ideal frequency response. Novel Particle swarm optimization (NPSO) proposes a new equation for the velocity vector and updating the particle vectors and hence the solution quality is improved. The NPSO technique enhances its search capability that leads to a higher probability of obtaining the optimal solution. In this paper for the given problem the realization of the FIR filter has been performed. The simulation results have been performed by using the novel particle swarm optimization (NPSO) method.
Electrical Department, Madhav Institute of Technology and Science, Gwalior,Madhya Pradesh, India
Finite Impulse Response (FIR), Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO), Novel Particle Swarm Optimization (NPSO)
- T.W. Parks, C.S. BURUS, Digital Filter Design, Wiley, Network, 1987.
- T.W. Parks, J.H. McClelan, "Chebyshev approximation for non-recursive digital filters with linear phase," IEEE Trans. CircuitsTheory CT-19, pp. 189–195, 1972.
- J.H. McClelan, T.W. Parks, L.R. Rabiner, "A computer program for designing optimum FIR linear phase digital filters," IEEE Trans.Audio Electroacoustic., AU-21, pp. 506–525, 1975.
- L.R. Rabiner, "Approximate design relationships for low pass FIR digital filters," IEEE Trans. Audio Electroacoustic, AU-21, pp. 456–460, 1973.
- G. Liu and G. He, "Design of Digital FIR filters Using Differential Evolution Algorithm Based on Reversed Gene", IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 1-7, July 2010.
- N. Karaboga, "A new design method based on artifical bee colony algorithm for digital IIR filters", Journal of the Fraklin Institute, 346, (4), pp.328-347, 2009.
- N.E. Mastorakis and M.N.S. Swamy, "Design of Two Dimensional Recursive Filters Using Genetic Algorithms," IEEE Transaction on circuits and systems I-Fundamental Theory and Applications, 50, pp.634-639, 2003.
- J.I. Ababneh, M.H. Bataineh, "Linear phase FIR filter design using particle swarm optimizations", Digital signal processing, 18,657-669, 2008.
- M. Najarzadeh, A. Ayatollahi, "FIR Digital Filters Design: Particle Swarm Optimization Utilizing LMS and Minimax Strategies", International symp. On Signal Processing and Information Technology, ISSPIT, pp.129-132, 2008.
- J. Kennedy, R. Eberhart, "Particle Swarm Optimization," IEEE int. Conf. On Neural Network, pp.1942-1948, 2005.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-08-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 29-33
Manuscript Number : CSEIT17247
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT17247