Manuscript Number : CSEIT172516
Secure Digital Cash Payment through Coin Management
Authors(1) :-C. Jaya Prakash
Cybercrime is the most popular crimes in the recent times. Cybercrime involves theft of credit card and debit card information details and utilizing those credentials for various fraud operations. Security has been the main concern since decades. Due to the static implementation of the personal identification information there are novel chances of attacking the data by an attacker. Mainly the cybercrimes are observed in point of sale (POS) systems. The attackers aim to steal the customer details by infecting the point of sale systems with the malwares and these systems are equipped with a microprocessor and storage capacity to store the customerís card data. In the proposed method one can create dynamic coins and flying coins which reduces data masking and increases the security level. Flexibility will be achieved by implementing dynamic coins and flying coins.
C. Jaya Prakash
M. Tech (SE), Department of CSE, JNTUCEA, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh, India
Cybercrime, Security, Credentials, Malwares, Microprocessor
- Bomgar, "Secure POS & kiosk support," Bogmar,2014,"https://www.bomgar.com/assets/documents/Bomgar_Remote_Support_for_POS_Systems.pdf
- Verizon, "2014 data breach investigation report," Verizon, The. Rep., 2014,http://www.verizonenterprose.com/DBIR/2014/
- V. C. Sekhar and S. Mrudula, "A complete secure customer centric anonymous payment in a digital ecosystem," in Proc. Int. Conf. Comput., Electron. Elect. Technol., 2012, pp. 1049-1054.
- V. Ahuja, Secure Commerce on the Internet, AcademicPress, 1996.
- G. Horn and B. Preneel, Authentication and Payment in Future Mobile Systems, Proceedings of 5th ESORICS'98, Belgium, 1998, pp. 277-293.
- J. Lewandowska. (2013). [online]. Available:http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/press-release.pag?docid=274238535
- G. Vasco, Maribel, S. Heidarvand and J. Villar, " Anonymous Subscription Schemes: A flexible construction for online services access," in Proc. Int. Conf. Security Cryptography, jul. 2010, pp. 1-12.
- Vanesa Daza, Roberto Di Pietro, Flavio Lombardi, and Matteo Signorini: "Fraud Resilient Device for Off-Line Micro-Payments," in Ieee Transactions On Dependable And Secure Computing, Vol. 13, No. 2, March/April 2016.
- S. Martins and Y. Yang, "Introduction to bitcoins: A pseudoanonymous electronic currency system," in Proc. Conf. Center Adv. Stud. Collaborative Res., 2011, pp. 349-350.
- T. Micro, "Point-of-sale system breaches, threats to the retail and hospitality industries," University of Zurich, Department of Informatics, 2010.
- R. L. Rivest, "Payword and micromint: Two simple micropayment schemes," in Proc. Int. Workshop Security Protocols, 1996, pp. 69-87.
- S. Golovashych, "The technology of identification and authentication of financial transactions from smart cards to NFC terminals," in Proc. IEEE intell. Data acquisition Adv. Comput. Syst., Sep. 2005, pp.407-412.
- K. S. Kadambi, J.Li and A.H. Karp," Near-field communication based secure mobile payment service," in Proc. 11th Int. Conf. Electron. Commerce, 2009, pp.142-151.
- T. Nishide and K. Sakurai, "Security of offline anonymous electronic cash systems against insider attacks by untrusted authorities revisited," in Proc. 3rd Int. Conf. Intell. Netw. Collaborative Syst., 2011, pp. 656-661.
- Ross Anderson, Harry Manifavas, and Chris Sutherland. A practical electronic cash system, 1995. Available from author: Ross. Andereson@cl.cam.ac.uk
- D. Chaum, A. Fiat, and M. Naor, "Untraceable electronic cash," in CRYPTO, ser. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 403. Springer-Verlag, 1988, pp. 319-327.
- Camenish, J., Maurer, U., and Stadler, M. (1997). Digital Payment Systems with Passive Anonymity-Revoking Trustees. Journal of Computer Security, 5(1):254-265.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-10-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 104-107
Manuscript Number : CSEIT172516
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT172516