Manuscript Number : CSEIT1726255
A Survey on Space-Division Multiple-Access (SDMA) Performance with Scheduling
Authors(2) :-Srihari Chintha, Dr. Sudhir Dawra
Efficient exploitation of spatial diversity is essentially vital to resource essential wireless applications. during this paper, we initial study the performance of intelligent scheduling for space-division multiple-access (SDMA) wireless networks. Supported the prevailing scheme, we propose a brand new medium access protocol (MAC) for multimedia SDMA/time-division-multiple-access (TDMA) packet networks. The improved protocol performs planning supported usersâ€™ special characteristics and quality-of-service parameters to realize output multiplication and packet delay reduction. Performance of SDMA with planning is evaluated beneath mixed audio and information traffic patterns and results show that important improvement in network performance is achieved beneath the new protocol.
Research Scholar , Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Sunrise University, Alwar, Rajasthan ,India
Dr. Sudhir Dawra
Supervisor, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Sunrise University, Alwar, Rajasthan,India
Antenna Array, Packet Networks, Scheduling, Space-Division Multiple-Access.
- G. V. Tsoulos, "Smart antennas for mobile communication systems: Benefits and channenges," Electron. Commun. Eng. J., vol. 11, Apr. 1999.
- B. Suard, G. Xu, H. Liu, and T. Kailath, "Uplink channel capacity of space-division-multiple-access schemes," IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 44, pp. 1469-1476, July 1998.
- C. Farsakh and J. A. Nossek, "On the mobile radio capacity increase through SDMA," in Accessing, Transmission, Networking Proceedings: 1998 International Zurich Seminar on Broadband Communications, 1998, pp. 293-297.
- G. Xu and S. Q. Li, "Throughput multiplication of wireless LAN’s for multimedia services: SDMA protocol design," in IEEE Proc. GLOBECOM’94 , vol. 3, 1994, pp. 1326-1332.
- J. Ward and R. T. Compton, "High throughput slotted ALOHA packet radio networks with adaptive arrays," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 41, pp. 460-470, Mar. 1993.
- S. Nanda, D. J. Goodman, and U. Timor, "Performance of PRMA: A packet voice protocol for cellular systems," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 40, pp. 584-598, Aug. 1991
- M. J. Karol, Z. Liu, and K. Y. Eng, "Distributed-queueing request up-date multiple access(DQRUMA) for wireless packet(ATM) networks," in IEEE Proc. ICC’95 , 1992, pp. 1224-1231.
- A. E. Brand and A. H. Aghvami, "Multidimensional PRMA with priori-tized bayesian broadcast - A MAC strategy for multiservice traffic over UMTS," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 47, pp. 1148-1161, Nov. 1998.
- J. Geier, Wireless LANs. New York: Macmillan, 1999.
- S. Kumar and D. R. Vaman, "An access protocol for supporting multiple classes of service in a local wireless environment," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 45, pp. 288-302, May 1996.
- J.-P. M. Linnartz, "Imperfect sector antenna diversity in slotted ALOHA mobile network," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 44, pp. 1322-1328, Oct. 1996.
- S. Ghez, S. Verdu, and S. C. Schwartz, "Optimal decentralized control in the random access multipacket channel," IEEE Trans. Automat. Contr., vol. 34, pp. 1153-1163, Nov. 1989.
- F. Shad, T. D. Todd, V. Kezys, and J. Litva, "Indoor SDMA capacity using a smart antenna base station," in IEEE Proc. ICUPC’97 , 1997,868-872.
- D. H. Johnson and D. E. Dudgeon, Array Signal Processing: Concepts and Techniques. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1993.
- H. V. Poor and S. Verdu, "Probability of error in MMSE multiuser de-tection," IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 43, pp. 858-871, May 1997.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 1 | July-August 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-07-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 78-85
Manuscript Number : CSEIT1726255
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT1726255