Manuscript Number : CSEIT172629
A Study of Mapping Educational Institute with Cloud Computing
Authors(2) :-Maroof Naieem Qadri, S M K Quadri
Our lives have considerably transformed with the use of technology, the way we interact, communicate, learn and work. Most of the business is carried out through internet now and one seems to be handicapped today without technology. Similarly, education system also is benefited by use of technology, the way information is disseminated and knowledge is shared between students, researchers and faculty. Faculty-student interaction is not limited to class room only. Students demand transparency and efficiency in their academic processes particularly their admission and examination related. Universities transforms its traditional manual processes through e-based systems. All these are processed using compute power and universities need to have a reliable information system in place which not only is available round the clock but also has high reliability and accessibility. Such a system which is robust, scalable to meet the growing data and traffic especially during peak loads. Keeping the services up round the clock, throughout the year with high reliability and efficiency is a challenging task and is now achieved with the advent of technologies such as “Cloud Computing”. Cloud computing is a new way of accepting and providing services over internet. To achieve an optimal or sub optimal allocation for immediate cloud services, the cloud environment with security is the best option. The use of cloud has to be done in a remarkable potential to provide cost effective, secure, high reliable, easy to manage, elastic and powerful resources on fly, over the internet.
Cloud Computing; Cloud Services; Hybrid Computing; educational cloud; Universities; Mapped Computing.
- Abhishek, & Gagandeep (2013). Benefits and security issues in cloud computing. International Journal of Emerging Research in Management & Technology, 2(1), 108-114.
- Alabbadi, M.M., 2011, September. Cloud computing for education and learning: Education and learning as a service (ELaaS). 14th International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning (ICL2011)-11th International Conference Virtual University (vu'11) (pp. 589-594). IEEE.
- Aleem, A., & Ryan Sprott, C. (2012). Let me in the cloud: analysis of the benefit and risk assessment of cloud platform. Journal of Financial Crime, 20(1), 6-24.
- Bansal, K.L., Sharma, S.K. and Sood, S., 2012, Impact of cloud computing in implementing cost effective e-governance operations. Gian Jyoti E-Journal, 1(2), p.P10.
- Buyya, R., Yeo, C. S., Venugopal, S., Broberg, J., & Brandic, I. (2009). Cloud computing and emerging IT platforms: Vision, hype, and reality for delivering computing as the 5th utility. Future Generation computer systems, 25(6), 599-616.
- Cadregari, C., & Cutaia, A. (2011). Every Silver Cloud Has a Dark Lining: A Primer on Cloud Computing, Regulatory and Data Security Risk. ISACA Journal, 3, 12.
- CSS, White paper on software and service architectures, Infrastructures and Engineering – Action Paper on the area for the future EU competitiveness Volume 2: Background information, Version 1.3, retrieved:15.08.2010, http://www.euecss.eu/contents/documentation/volu me%20two_ECSS%20White%20Paper.pdf
- Ercan, T. (2010). Effective use of cloud computing in educational institutions. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2(2), 938-942.
- Gupta, D. K.,Mishra, A., Dr. Sahoo, G. (2013). Cloud Computing: Solving Availability Problem in Future Framework for e-Governance, International Journal of Computer Applications & Information Technology, Vol.2, Issue 11, pp.16-20.
- Jain, A. and Pandey, U.S., 2013. Role of Cloud computing in higher education. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, 3(7).
- Kashish Ara Shakil, Mansaf Alam, 2016,Dec,. Recent developments in cloud based systems : State of Art. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security(IJCSIS), Vol. 14, No. 12.
- Keiko Hashizume , David G Rosado, Eduardo Fernández-Medina and Eduardo B Fernandez, 2013. An analysis of security issues for cloud computing Journal of Internet Services and Applications 4:5.
- Lin, W., Wang, J. Z., Liang, C., & Qi, D. (2011). A threshold-based dynamic resource allocation scheme for cloud computing. Procedia Engineering, 23, 695-703.
- Manro, S., Singh, J. and Manro, R., 2011. Cloud computing in education: Make India better with the emerging trends. In High Performance Architecture and Grid Computing ). Springer Berlin Heidelberg (pp. 131-139.
- Mansuri, A.M., Verma, M. and Laxkar, P., 2014. Benefit of cloud computing for educational institutions and online marketing. Information Security and Computer Fraud, 2(1), pp.5-9.
- Mell, P. and Grance, T., 2010. The NIST definition of cloud computing.
- Mell, P. and Grance, T., 2011. The NIST definition of cloud computing. NIST Special Publication 800-145.Available at: http://faculty.winthrop.edu/domanm/csci411/Handouts/NIST.pdf (accessed 13 July 2017).
- Mohammed, F. and Ibrahim, O., 2015. Models of adopting cloud computing in the e-government context: a review. Jurnal Teknologi, 73(2), pp.51-59.
- Mohammed, F., Mohammed, F., Ibrahim, O., Ibrahim, O., Ithnin, N. and Ithnin, N., 2016. Factors influencing cloud computing adoption for e-government implementation in developing countries: Instrument development. Journal of Systems and Information Technology, 18(3), pp.297-327.
- Mukherjee, K., & Sahoo, G. (2010). Cloud computing: future framework for e-Governance. International Journal of Computer Applications, 7(7), 31-34.
- Mukundha, C., Gayathri, P., & Prabha, I. S. (2016). Load Balance Scheduling Algorithm for Serving of Requests in Cloud Networks Using Software Defined Networks. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 11(6), 3910-3914.
- Okai, S., Uddin, M., Arshad, A., Alsaqour, R. and Shah, A., 2014. Cloud computing adoption model for universities to increase ICT proficiency. SAGE Open, 4(3), p.2 158244014546461.
- Okai, S., Uddin, M., Arshad, A., Alsaqour, R., & Shah, A. (2014). Cloud computing adoption model for universities to increase ICT proficiency. SAGE Open, 4(3), 2158244014546461.
- Pardeshi, V., 2014. Architecture and Adoption Model for Cloud in Higher Education: Indian Perspective. Bonfring International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management Science, 4(2), p.43.
- Qadri, E. M. N. (2014). e-Governance at University of Kashmir: Bringing Efficiency & Transparency. International Journal of Information and Computation Technology, 4(2), 119-126.
- Quadri, S. M. K., Zaman,M., Qadri, M. N., (2014).E-governance development: Agile Perspective. International conference on recent trends in computer science & engineering (ICRTCSE),Feb 8-9.
- Ramachandran, N., Sivaprakasam, P., Thangamani, G. and Anand, G., 2014. Selecting a suitable Cloud Computing technology deployment model for an academic institute. Campus-Wide Information Systems.
- Rastogi, A., 2010. A model based approach to implement cloud computing in e-Governance. International Journal of Computer Applications, 9(7), pp.15-18.
- Saidhbi, S., 2012. A cloud computing framework for Ethiopian Higher Education Institutions. IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering, 6(6), pp.01-09.
- Smitha, K. K., Thomas, T., & Chitharanjan, K. (2012). Cloud based e-governance system: A survey. Procedia Engineering, 38, 3816-3823.
- Smitha, K.K., Thomas, T. and Chitharanjan, K., 2012. Cloud based e-governance system: A survey. Procedia Engineering, 38, pp.3816-3823.
- Sultan, N. (2010). Cloud computing for education: A new dawn?. International Journal of Information Management, 30(2), 109-116.
- Tan, X. and Kim, Y., 2011, July. Cloud computing for education: A case of using google docs in mba group projects. 2011 International Conference on Business Computing and Global Informatization (BCGIN), (pp. 641-644). IEEE.
- Wu, W. W., Lan, L. W., & Lee, Y. T. (2013). Factors hindering acceptance of using cloud services in university: a case study. The Electronic Library, 31(1), 84-98.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 6 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 59-66
Manuscript Number : CSEIT172629
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT172629