Manuscript Number : CSEIT172676
A New Model for Smart Garbage Monitoring
Authors(1) :-Ravi Gorli
Garbage Monitoring is a huge problem in maximum cities all over the world, without proper management of waste which in cause a major factor for environmental pollution resulting in several health issues. In the traditional system, the garbage use to be collected in a manual way. The workers who have to collect the garbage are unable to get proper information when would the bins are filled with a particular area, so they use to fix some timings for collecting the wastage. Due to this sometimes the bins may be filled and overflowed and causes unhygienic conditions leading to pollution. A New Model for Smart Garbage Monitoring is introduced with replacing the bins with smart bins attached to an ultrasonic sensor which will detect the levels of waste in the bin, time to time and forward the information to Arduino board attached to a GSM module, the messages to the central monitoring system, showing the levels of bins in real time scenario with android app.. Along with this segregation of waste is done with a moisture sensor which will sense the type on the moisture level and segregate atomically. Then trucks are attached to the particular industry so that they are also aware of the information of wastage that they are going to receive. With the invention of this system, there will be awareness making a healthy city with smart inventions.
Research Scholar, IIT, Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
IoT - Internet of Things, Smart Garbage, Smart Bin, Android
- Pranay Kujur , Kiran Gautam, (2015). Smart Interaction of Object on Internet of Things. International Journal of Computer Sciences and Engineering, 3(2), 15-19.
- Conti, J.P.. (2007). The Internet of things. Communications Engineer. 4. 20 - 25. 10.1049/ce:20060603.
- Arebey, Maher & Hannan, M. A. & Basri, Hassan & Abdullah, Huda. (2009). Solid waste monitoring and management using RFID, GIS and GSM. 7. 37 - 40. 10.1109/SCORED.2009.5443382.
- Longhi, S., Marzioni, D., Alidori, E., Di Buo, G., Prist, M., Grisostomi, M., & Pirro, M. (2012, May). Solid waste management architecture using wireless sensor network technology. In New Technologies, Mobility and Security (NTMS), 2012 5th International Conference on (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Monika K A, Nikitha Rao, Prapulla S B, Shobha G Smart Dustbin-An Efficient Garbage Monitoring System.
- Suresh, P., Daniel, J. V., Parthasarathy, V., & Aswathy, R. H. (2014, November). A state of the art review on the Internet of Things (IoT) history, technology and fields of deployment. In Science Engineering and Management Research (ICSEMR), 2014 International Conference on (pp. 1-8). IEEE.
- Morajkar, Pankaj & Bhor, Vikrant & Pandya, Dishant & Gurav Amol Deshpande, Maheshwar. (2015). Smart Garbage Management System. International Journal of Engineering Research and. V4. . 10.17577/IJERTV4IS031175.
- Insung Hong, Sunghoi Park, Beomseok Lee, Jaekeun Lee, Daebeom Jeong, and Sehyun Park, “IoT-Based Smart Garbage System for Efficient Food Waste Management,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, Article ID 646953, 13 pages, 2014. doi:10.1155/2014/646953.
- iot based smart garbage alert system using arduino uno, dr.n.sathish kumar#1, b.vijayalakshmi#2, r. jenifer prarthana#3, a .shankar#4978-1-5090-2597-8/16/$31.00 c 2016 ieee
- Jose M. Gutierrez, Michael Jensen, Morten Henius, Tahir Riaz, Smart Waste Collection System Based on Location Intelligence, Complex
- Adaptive Systems 2015. Procedia Computer Science, Volume 61, 2015, Pages 120-127, ISSN 1877-0509, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2015.09.170.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 6 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 184-187
Manuscript Number : CSEIT172676
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT172676