Manuscript Number : CSEIT17269
Improving Energy Efficiency of SenCar by Energy harvesting in Wireless Sensor Networks : A Survey
Authors(2) :-S. Subadra, Dr. P. Radha
Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN), an element of pervasive computing, are presently being used on a large scale to monitor real-time environmental status. Recently in Wireless sensor networks the new technology implemented is energy harvesting to improve the energy of mobile collector called SenCar. It is used to collect data from designated sensors and balance energy consumption in the network. The optimized algorithm is used to improve the data collection tour length and to achieve maximum network utility by adjusting data rates, link scheduling and flow routing. In this paper we study the various approaches used for energy harvesting of mobile collector and proposed to use multiple mobile collectors by partitioning the network into different regions such that each mobile collector only deals with a portion of the network. Selection of anchors to minimize the hop count and to improve the hot spot of each node in the network is also considered. Finally, we compare the underlying approaches and solutions
Assistant Professor, Department of Information Technology, Sri Jayendra Saraswathy Maha Vidyalaya CAS, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India
Dr. P. Radha
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Govt. Arts College, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India
Sencar, Energy harvesting, WSN, Energy efficiency
- Ji Li, Miao Zhao and Yuanyuan Yang,"OWER-MDG: A Novel Energy Replenishment and Data Gathering Mechanism in Wireless RechargeableSensor Networks" IEEE wireless networking, 2012,pp-5350-5355
- Sukhwinder Sharma, Fatehgarh Sahib, Rakesh Kumar Bansal “Issues and Challenges in Wireless Sensor Networks" Int. Conf. on Machine Intelligence Research and Advancement Dec 2013,pp
- Thu Ngo-Quynh1, Kieu-Ha Phung2, Công Nguyen-Huy3,"Reliable and Energy Efficient Cluster-based and Event-driven Routing Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks" ,Int.conf onLocal & Metropolitan Area Networks (LANMAN) 2013 ,pp
- Fifa farouk,Rawya Rizk,Fawz.W.Zaki “Multi-level stable and energy efficient clustering protocol in heterogenous wireless sensor networks"IET wireless sensor network, May 2014,pp159-169
- Trong Nhan Le, Alain Pegatoquet, Olivier Berder and Olivier Sentieys,"Energy-Efficient Power Manager and MAC Protocol for Multi-Hop Wireless Sensor Networks Powered by Periodic Energy Harvesting" , IEEE Sensors Journal 2015,pp
- Adnan M. Abu-Mahfouz and Gerhard P. Hancke “ALWadHA Localisation Algorithm: Yet More Energy Efficient" IEEE pub 2016.
- Kenneth Li-MinnAng ,Jasmine Kah PhooiSeng andAdamu MurtalaZungeru," Optimizing Energy Consumption for Big Data Collection in Large-Scale Wireless Sensor Networks With Mobile Collectors Networks With Mobile Collectors", IEEE Systems Journal, 2016.
- Yuan Zhou, Ning Wang, and Wei Xiang," Clustering Hierarchy Protocol in Wireless Sensor Networks Using an Improved PSO Algorithm", IEEE journals, 2016,pp
- Ahmad H. Dehwaha,?, Shahrazed Elmetennania, Christian Claudelb “UD-WCMA: An energy estimation and forecast scheme for solar powered wireless sensor networks" Journal of Network and Computer Applications 90 (2017),pp17-25
- Hialong Huang, Andrey V. Savkin “Energy Efficient Approach for data collection in wireless sensor networks using public transportationvehicle",Int.J.Electron.Commun.(AEU)75 2017,pp108-118
- Constraint Aasem Ahmad and Zden?ek Hanz´alek ,"An Energy Efficient Schedule for IEEE 802.15.4/ ZigBee Cluster Tree WSN with Multiple Collision Domains and Period Crossing" IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2017.
- Yuan Zhou, Ning Wang, and Wei Xiang," Clustering Hierarchy Protocol in Wireless Sensor Networks Using an Improved PSO Algorithm", IEEE journals, 2016.
- Cong Wang,Songtao, and Yaunyuan yang,"An optimization framework for Mobile Data Collection in Energy-Harvesting Wireless Sensor Networks,IEEE Transaction on Mobile computing,2016,pp2969-2985.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 6 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 22-26
Manuscript Number : CSEIT17269
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT17269