Manuscript Number : CSEIT183113
A Survey on Challenges and Opportunistic Spotting Fake Reviewer Groups in Consumer Reviews
Authors(2) :-P. Mrudula, B. Sankara Babu
Online customer reviews for both products and merchants have greatly affected others decision making in purchase. Considering the easily accessibility of the reviews and the significant impacts to the retailers, there is an increasing incentive to manipulate the reviews, mostly profit driven. Without proper protection, group spam reviews will cause gradual loss of credibility of the reviews and corrupt the entire online review systems eventually. Therefore, review spam detection is considered as the first step towards securing the online review systems. In this paper, aim to overview existing detection approaches in a systematic way, define key research issues, and articulate future research challenges and opportunities for group review spam detection.
CSE, Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
B. Sankara Babu
Professor, CSE, Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Review Spam, Review Spammer, Spam Behavior.
- "The company behind the brand: In reputation we trust:' Weber Shandwick's online survey. 2012.
- "2011 Cone online influence trend tracker." http://www.coneinc.com/201l coneonlineinfluencetrendtracker. 2011. 654
- Y. Liu and Y. L. Sun. "Anomaly detection in feedback-based reputation systems through temporal and correlation analysis:' in Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE Second International Conference on Social Computing.
- N. Jindal. B. Liu. and E.-P. Lim. "Finding unusual review patterns using unexpected rules:' in Proceedings of the 19th ACM international conference on Information and knowledge management.
- M. Ott. Y. Choi. C. Cardie. and J. T. Hancock. "Finding deceptive opinion spam by any stretch of the imagination:' in Proceedings of the 49th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies - Volume 1.
- G. Wang. S. Xie. B. Liu, and P. S. Yu. "Review graph based online store review spamrner detection:' in Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE 11 the International Conference on Data Mining.
- "Identify online store review spammers via social review graph." ACM Trans. Intell. Syst. Tee/mol.
- S. Xie, G. Wang, S. Lin, and P. S. Yu, "Review spam detection via time series pattern discovery," in Proceedings of the 21st international conference companion on World Wide Web.
- E. Gilbert and K. Karahalios, "Understanding deja reviewers," in Proceedings of the 2010 ACM conference on Computer supported cooperative work.
- N. Jindal and B. Liu, "Review spam detection," in Proceedings of the 16th international conference on World Wide Web.
- A. Mukherjee, B. Liu, J. Wang, N. Glance, and N. Jindal, "Detecting group review spam," in Proceedings of the 20th international conference companion on World wide web.
- Y. Liu, Y. Yang, and Y. Sun, "Detection of collusion behaviors in online reputation systems," in Signals, Systems and Computers, 2008 42nd Asilomar Conference on, oct. 2008, pp. 1368 -1372.
- M. Ott, C. Cardie, and J. Hancock, "Estimating the prevalence of deception in online review communities," in Proceedings of the 21st international conference on World Wide Web.
- N. Jindal and B. Liu, "Opinion spam and analysis," in Proceedings of the international conference on Web search and web data mining.
- E.-P. Lim, V-A. Nguyen, N. Jindal, B. Liu, and H. W. Lauw, "Detecting product review spammers using rating behaviors," in Proceedings of the 19th ACM international conference on Information and knowledge management.
- A. Mukherjee, B. Liu, and N. Glance, "Spotting fake reviewer groups in consumer reviews," in Proceedings of the 21st international conference on World Wide Web.
- J. W. Byers, M. Mitzenmacher, and G. Zervas, "Daily deals: prediction, social diffusion, and reputational ramifications," in Proceedings of the fifth ACM international conference on Web search and data mining.
- V Lenders, E. Koukoumidis, P. Zhang, and M. Martonosi, "Location-based trust for mobile user-generated content: applications, challenges and implementations," in Proceedings of the 9th workshop on Mobile computing systems and applications.
- Y. Zhang, Z. Li, and W. Trappe, "Evaluation of localization attacks on power-modulated challenge–response systems," Trans. Info. For. Sec.
- Z. Zhu and G. Cao, "Applaus: A privacy-preserving location proof updating system for location-based services," in INF O COM, 20ll Proceedings IEEE, april 2011, pp. 1889 -1897.
- J. He, "A social network-based recommender system," Ph.D. dissertation,2010.
- I. Guy, N. Zwerdling, I. Ronen, D. Carmel, and E. Uziel, "Social media recommendation based on people and tags," in Proceedings of the 33rd international ACM SIGIR conference on Research and development in information retrieval.
- Y. Xie, Y. Cheng, D. Honbo, K. Zhang, A. Agrawal, and A. Choudhary, "Crowdsourcing recommendations from social sentiment," in Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Issues of Sentiment Discovery and Opinion Mining.
- C. Hu, C. Zhang, T. Wang, and Q. Li, "An adaptive recommendation system in social media," in System Science (HICSS), 2012 45th Hawaii International Conference on, jan. 2012, pp. 1759 -1767.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 71-76
Manuscript Number : CSEIT183113
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT183113