Manuscript Number : CSEIT183118
Performance Evaluation of Embedded System Using Scheduling Algorithms
Authors(2) :-M. Sreenath, Dr. P. A. Vijaya
The main aim is to share or allocate the processor time to all the tasks using scheduling algorithm in a system. The List and McNaughton's scheduling algorithms, minimize the maximum completion time of all tasks (Cmax). An ordered list of processes will be made and assign priorities to them by using List scheduling algorithm. McNaughton's scheduling algorithm only for independent tasks has to be scheduled on identical processors for the sake of schedule length minimization. Hu's algorithm is planned to schedule the tasks with in-tree precedence constraints, consider unit length tasks. In Hu's algorithm all processors should be of same type. These scheduling algorithms mainly for enhance the performance levels of the system by reducing the time delay. Thus, preferably use these algorithms in the areas of manufacturing & production, Transportation & distribution and Information-processing. List, and McNaughton's scheduling algorithms are used to reduce the difficulty in allocating the tasks to the processors. TORSCHE scheduling toolbox for MATLAB is used to schedule the tasks on processors. User can solve, scheduling problems with the help of MATLAB routines and functions by considering appropriate configurations like resources, task parameters and optimization criterion.
Research Scholar, Department of E.C.E., BNMIT, Bangalore under VTU, Belagavi &Asst. Professor, Department of E.C.E., P.I.T.S., Ongole, Andhra Pradesh, India
Dr. P. A. Vijaya
Professor & Head, Department of ECE., BNMIT, Bangalore, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Scheduling algorithms, TORSCHE, MATLAB, Cmax. Tardy tasks.
- Brucker, P. (1981). Minimizing maximum lateness in a two-machine unit-time job shop. Computing, 27(4), 367-370. Springer
- P. Sucha, M. Kutil, M.sojika and Z. Hanzlek, “TORSCHE Scheduling toolbox for MATLAB”, in 2006 IEEE International Conference on Control Applications, pp. 1181-1186.
- Liu, C. L., & Layland, J. W. (1973). Scheduling algorithms for multiprogramming in a hard-real-time environment. Journal of the ACM (JACM), 20(1), 46-61.
- Ahmed, M. S., Mohamed, A., Khatib, T., Shareef, H., Homod, R. Z., & Ali, J. A. (2017). Real time optimal schedule controller for home energy management system using new binary backtracking search algorithm. Energy and Buildings, 138, 215-227.Elsevier
- Gyung-Leen Park, “Performance evaluation of a list scheduling algorithm in distributed memory multiprocessor systems”, Future Generation Computer Systems,(20):249–256, 2004. ACM
- J. C. Palencia and M. G. Harbour, “Schedulability analysis for tasks with static and dynamic offsets.,” in Proceedings of the 19th Real-Time Systems Symposium, pp. 26–37, IEEE Computer Society Press, December 1998.
- H. Kasahara, S. Narita, “Practical Multiprocessor Scheduling Algorithms for Efficient Parallel Processing”, IEEE Transactions on computers, vol.33, no.11, pp. 1023-1029, November 1984.
- Kousalya, G., Balakrishnan, P., & Raj, C. P. (2017). Workflow Scheduling Algorithms and Approaches. In Automated Workflow Scheduling in Self-Adaptive Clouds (pp. 65-83). Springer International Publishing.
- Zhou, N., Qi, D., Wang, X., Zheng, Z., & Lin, W. (2017). A list scheduling algorithm for heterogeneous systems based on a critical node cost table and pessimistic cost table. Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, 29(5). WILEY online library.
- S. O. Memik and F. Fallah, “Accelerated SAT-based Scheduling of Control/Data Flow Graphs.,” in ICCD, pp. 395–400, IEEE Computer Society, 2002.
- Cacchiani, V., & Salazar-González, J. J. (2016). Optimal solutions to a real-world integrated airline scheduling problem. Transportation Science, 51(1), 250-268.
- Lee, C. Y. (1991). Parallel machines scheduling with non-simultaneous machine available time. Discrete Applied Mathematics, 30(1), 53-61.Elsevier
- Xu, D., Wan, L., Liu, A., & Yang, D. L. (2015). Single machine total completion time scheduling problem with workload-dependent maintenance duration. Omega, 52, 101-106. Elsevier
- Liu, Y., Li, W., Li, K., Qi, H., Tao, X., & Chen, S. (2016, August). Scheduling Dependent Coflows with Guaranteed Job Completion Time. In Trustcom/BigDataSE/I SPA, 2016 IEEE (pp. 2109-2115). IEEE.
- Zhao, W., Ramamritham, K., & Stankovic, J. A. (1987). Preemptive scheduling under time and resource constraints. IEEE Transactions on computers, 100(8), 949-960.
- Hong, K. S., & Leung, J. T. (1988, December). On-line scheduling of real-time tasks. In Real-Time Systems Symposium, 1988., Proceedings. (pp. 244-250). IEEE.
- McHugh, J. A. (1984). Hu's precedence tree scheduling algorithm: A simple proof. Naval Research Logistics (NRL), 31(3), 409-411. Wiley online library.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 85-89
Manuscript Number : CSEIT183118
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT183118